“Communication”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Tacoma, Washington
“Communication”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hard to not like the attractive hotel. Not noisy and beds were nice. My problem was getting anyone to return my calls after I realized I left a purse in the room. It took 4 days of calling and leaving messages. My purse was not recovered. While I enjoyed the hotel communication is key.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack2254
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Mentor, while we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do appologize that your purse was not recovered. We have since worked on our lost and found policy to ensure a 24 hour call back when items are report lost. Thank you for your feedback and it helps us to always improve and give great customer service

Randy Virant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
frequent traveler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Traveled to Mentor area for a short business trip. Normally Marriott is my first pick because of my status with them, but for some reason the 2 Marriott's in the area were way over my client's budget. But I'm a HI club member too and most of the time like Holiday Inn's.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the restaurant at the hotel. Had breakfast twice and dinner once and overall the food quality was very good. Frankly I wish I had eaten dinner here the first night instead of going to Olive Garden. Just a heads up on the portion size . . .I ordered the margarita flatbread appetizer but it was really what I would call a medium sized pizza. Staff at both breakfast and dinner were friendly and efficient.

As other reviews point out the interior of this hotel has been upgraded recently. the lobby is nicely appointed and the room interior was quite nice. Cool blue and grey colors. Mattress was new and in good shape. The only complaints I have about the room are complaints I have with many other hotels, especially recently re-modeled ones:

1 - bathroom has only 1 switch that controls both light and fan. I don't understand this but unfortunately it is very common.
2 - The desk chairs are very short. I'm not a giant but I am 6 ft. tall and many hotels are getting desk chairs that fit under the desk even when at their max height, which is too short and uncomfortable. The entire range of the chair height is like 3 inches.

However, regarding #2 above, when I inquired with the front desk about this, they offered to bring me up a chair from their conference room which was a big help. I truly appreciated that!!

Certainly would stay here again when in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank remorw
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The room and bathroom were not only very clean but also smelled clean. However, contrary to other guests' experience the girl at the desk was not friendly and not too helpful. I misplaced the piece of paper that she gave me upon checking in. When I asked for another copy she was not helpful and was a bit unpleasant. Otherwise, we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review! We pride ourselves on our customer service and cleanliness of our property. I am pleased to see we exceeded your expectations on cleanliness, but disappointed that we fell short on our Guests Service Representative not assisting you in the proper way. We will do some more training with the individual to make sure every guests expectations are exceeded!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Loved this hotel. It's newly remodeled. Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Hotel bar surprisingly sophisticated with tvs at every table. Food was good too, aside from a bad oriental salad, which was basically cabbage, edamame, and peanut sauce all for $9. Other than that, a great boutique-style hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Mentor. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and I will make sure to let Chef know that you did not care for the salad. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Yours In Hospitality,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Good location with highway access. Front desk staff were very friendly. The suite was clean and tidy. The breakfast was good. Staff was very helpful. The lobby is beautiful. Love the design. Had a great stay and would come back.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback. We are please to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on guests service and creating an overall great experience for guests, I'm happy to see we met our goal!!

Washington UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

As a priority club member I have stayed at a few locations. This location let me down by not providing an accessible internet connection. After some time on line with their provider nothing was resolved. The next morning our 2 iPhone's could log in but the Mini iPod could not. Coffee is available in the morning however there were no tops provided and it is difficult to carry two full cups from the lobby to the opposite side of the facility and then up a floor. No breakfast supplied in the $150.00 billing so it was off to the road for on route. I agree that the desk personnel were great. After checking in I was not offered any of the amenities of a club member and found that interesting. If you preregister you probably will qualify but if you drop in (?). The room was well kept and we did enjoy the stay otherwise. I would however take a pass on this location on another trip.

Room Tip: If you need to be in this location it will work for you however it is back off I-90 far enough that...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent trip to the Holiday Inn Mentor. I apologize that you were experiencing problems with the internet, I have put a call into our provider to see what the issue is so this does not happen again. I will also make sure that there is some lids for the coffee cups. I am happy to hear that the service you received from the front desk was good and they were helpful. I'm not sure what level of IHG Reward Member you are, if you are a Gold or Platinum member you do get an offer of points or a Bottle of Water with Trail mix. I'm sorry if we fell short on offering you this. If you contact the hotel direct and ask for my Assistant Manager - Liz Nemecek, she will be able to get you the points you should have received. Thank you for all of your comments, its feedback like this that helps us grow and become better.

Portage, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very good place to stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and had a modern look. The furniture was comfortable and the beds provided for a good night's sleep. It was a nice surprise to see that all the TV stations were in HD (not just 2 or 3). I will absolutely come back when I'm in the area.

I would advise to consider having breakfast at the nearby Bob Evans. Although the food was great, the restaurant's breakfast buffet didn't have much of a selection for the price of the buffet.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms on the first floor don't have a great view of the outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland Northeast Mentor property. We take pride in our hotel and I am glad that you had a positive experience while staying here. And very happy to hear that our Front Desk took care of you well and were friendly and helpful.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Randy Virant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!