“Super hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Super hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Loved this hotel. It's newly remodeled. Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Hotel bar surprisingly sophisticated with tvs at every table. Food was good too, aside from a bad oriental salad, which was basically cabbage, edamame, and peanut sauce all for $9. Other than that, a great boutique-style hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Mentor. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and I will make sure to let Chef know that you did not care for the salad. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Yours In Hospitality,
Randy Virant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Good location with highway access. Front desk staff were very friendly. The suite was clean and tidy. The breakfast was good. Staff was very helpful. The lobby is beautiful. Love the design. Had a great stay and would come back.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent feedback. We are please to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on guests service and creating an overall great experience for guests, I'm happy to see we met our goal!!

Washington UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

As a priority club member I have stayed at a few locations. This location let me down by not providing an accessible internet connection. After some time on line with their provider nothing was resolved. The next morning our 2 iPhone's could log in but the Mini iPod could not. Coffee is available in the morning however there were no tops provided and it is difficult to carry two full cups from the lobby to the opposite side of the facility and then up a floor. No breakfast supplied in the $150.00 billing so it was off to the road for on route. I agree that the desk personnel were great. After checking in I was not offered any of the amenities of a club member and found that interesting. If you preregister you probably will qualify but if you drop in (?). The room was well kept and we did enjoy the stay otherwise. I would however take a pass on this location on another trip.

Room Tip: If you need to be in this location it will work for you however it is back off I-90 far enough that...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent trip to the Holiday Inn Mentor. I apologize that you were experiencing problems with the internet, I have put a call into our provider to see what the issue is so this does not happen again. I will also make sure that there is some lids for the coffee cups. I am happy to hear that the service you received from the front desk was good and they were helpful. I'm not sure what level of IHG Reward Member you are, if you are a Gold or Platinum member you do get an offer of points or a Bottle of Water with Trail mix. I'm sorry if we fell short on offering you this. If you contact the hotel direct and ask for my Assistant Manager - Liz Nemecek, she will be able to get you the points you should have received. Thank you for all of your comments, its feedback like this that helps us grow and become better.

Portage, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very good place to stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and had a modern look. The furniture was comfortable and the beds provided for a good night's sleep. It was a nice surprise to see that all the TV stations were in HD (not just 2 or 3). I will absolutely come back when I'm in the area.

I would advise to consider having breakfast at the nearby Bob Evans. Although the food was great, the restaurant's breakfast buffet didn't have much of a selection for the price of the buffet.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms on the first floor don't have a great view of the outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland Northeast Mentor property. We take pride in our hotel and I am glad that you had a positive experience while staying here. And very happy to hear that our Front Desk took care of you well and were friendly and helpful.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

ontheroadagn7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this at the last minute when my plans changed and I had to be close by for an early morning meeting. It was newly renovated. I loved the fact that they now have RFID keys for the rooms.

All was clean, fresh and new. Plenty of electrical outlets around the room.

Very friendly staff.

While I didn't have breakfast there, it looked like a nice set up. I am from Ohio originally but live in an area that doesn't have any Bob Evans restaurants so I had my breakfast at the one near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back of you recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would come back again. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations from your guest room to the service you received. We look forward to your next visit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I travel often and I'm a Platinum IHG member. This is by far one of the best Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Newly renovated, friendly staff and extremely clean. The front desk was very helpful and extremely friendly. The rooms are very nice, extremely clean and spacious. The fitness center is ok, could use some free weights. The restaurant was very good. I had pork chops one night and salmon the other, both were very good. The restaurant staff is also very friendly. I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank powerpackperk
Thank you for your review. I am please to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Mentor Cleveland Northeast Hotel. I have made sure to post this review for my staff to see. I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner experience in the restaurant as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stay here twice a year for fairly long stays (2 weeks) and find it a good choice. Clean, staff usually very helpful, business center very good, snack shop good, location great with nearby restaurants withing walking distance. Also a gas station next door which is handy. Rooms ok, but there is an issue with noise from elevators and from other rooms, but that's hardly a new thing in hotels. Hotels (people) can be noisy. My gripe with this place is firstly, the breakfast, it's good (v.good actually) but its not clear to people that its not free. Also not clear that OJ is chargeable, I've seen people fall for this many times. My other gripe is that during my stay, i found ants in my bed - this isn't as bad as it sounds, ants do get everywhere. To the hotels credit, i was given another room straight away and the night's room rate was free (also no more ants!). The problem is that i left a couple of books in the old room and when i inquired if housekeeping had found them, it turns out they had gone. No sign of the books. A couple of books are no big loss to me, but it's worrying that the housekeeping team are practically stealing items from rooms.

No issues with parking as previous poster said, there are LOADS of parking spaces, it just requires you to get off your back-side and WALK a bit.

The small issues i have with this place won't stop me coming back. It's still the best choice in the area.

Room Tip: away from elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!