“Great hotel. Lots of good features.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
ontheroadagn7
“Great hotel. Lots of good features.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this at the last minute when my plans changed and I had to be close by for an early morning meeting. It was newly renovated. I loved the fact that they now have RFID keys for the rooms.

All was clean, fresh and new. Plenty of electrical outlets around the room.

Very friendly staff.

While I didn't have breakfast there, it looked like a nice set up. I am from Ohio originally but live in an area that doesn't have any Bob Evans restaurants so I had my breakfast at the one near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back of you recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would come back again. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations from your guest room to the service you received. We look forward to your next visit.

Randy Virant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I travel often and I'm a Platinum IHG member. This is by far one of the best Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Newly renovated, friendly staff and extremely clean. The front desk was very helpful and extremely friendly. The rooms are very nice, extremely clean and spacious. The fitness center is ok, could use some free weights. The restaurant was very good. I had pork chops one night and salmon the other, both were very good. The restaurant staff is also very friendly. I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank powerpackperk
Thank you for your review. I am please to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Mentor Cleveland Northeast Hotel. I have made sure to post this review for my staff to see. I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner experience in the restaurant as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stay here twice a year for fairly long stays (2 weeks) and find it a good choice. Clean, staff usually very helpful, business center very good, snack shop good, location great with nearby restaurants withing walking distance. Also a gas station next door which is handy. Rooms ok, but there is an issue with noise from elevators and from other rooms, but that's hardly a new thing in hotels. Hotels (people) can be noisy. My gripe with this place is firstly, the breakfast, it's good (v.good actually) but its not clear to people that its not free. Also not clear that OJ is chargeable, I've seen people fall for this many times. My other gripe is that during my stay, i found ants in my bed - this isn't as bad as it sounds, ants do get everywhere. To the hotels credit, i was given another room straight away and the night's room rate was free (also no more ants!). The problem is that i left a couple of books in the old room and when i inquired if housekeeping had found them, it turns out they had gone. No sign of the books. A couple of books are no big loss to me, but it's worrying that the housekeeping team are practically stealing items from rooms.

No issues with parking as previous poster said, there are LOADS of parking spaces, it just requires you to get off your back-side and WALK a bit.

The small issues i have with this place won't stop me coming back. It's still the best choice in the area.

Room Tip: away from elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had breakfast their Sunday may 18th. Excellent breakfast buffet. We meet your cook Darin when he came out to restock buffet, really nice guy and he brought blueberry's out for my two year old daughter who seems to be having a bad morning, not only was she happy it change her whole mood because she just asked her grandmother for blueberry's. We appreciate you for having good employers and my stay was good and I wouldn't mind coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fj01232
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel is very noisy. We couldn't sleep at all. Noise is coming from everywhere: elevators, hall way, rooms. I wish they would supply some earplugs. Also when we arrived it was very difficult to find parking space available. Will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel unless you like to party in the night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trav177
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. We strive to always exceed guests expectations and I'm sorry we fell short on that goal. We have had a few nights that have had sports teams which sold out the hotel, that is the main cause for the noise levels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you chose to stay with us in the future.

Asst. Geberal Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our family of 5 stayed for one night. The room type requested when reservations were made was not available when we checked in, but an alternative was presented to us which worked even better than what we had booked. We were grateful for the hotel's quick response to fix the problem. All the staff we met were very helpful, from the maintenance gentleman, to those at the front desk, to housekeepers and servers at Krave. The rooms were standard - nothing special, but no complaints, either. They were what we anticipated. The pool area was clean and a huge hit with our kids. Only complaint is that it is quite a trek to get there! Two of the times we went it was locked (though during open hours). People came quickly to open it for us, which was helpful, but it was slightly frustrating only because there wasn't a phone or easy way to call someone - we had to walk back to the front desk. Again, not a deal breaker, as we really were happy at the hotel, but it would have been nice if the doors were open! All in all, we're glad we stayed there. If we are in the area again, we will definitely book at the Holiday Inn in Mentor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank myrainstorm
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff met your expectations and were able to quickly accommodate and fix any issues that occurred. We apologize for the doors being locked at the pool but I am please to see that your family did enjoy your time there.

Thank you and we hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Assistant General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn in Mentor, OH. Both nights were booked through a third party for a significantly lower price than the Holiday Inn advertised price. The first night was in a 1st floor King room that was ADA accessible. (wasn't needed) Everything about the room was very good. The room was newly updated in what I would consider a "Modern Coastal" appearance with blue, white and orange colors and modern furniture. The bed was comfortable with four large pillows of varying firmness. The flat screen television was nice and provided a wide selection of channels that all appeared to be in HD. The wireless internet was above average and I had not problems connecting. The second night was in a King room located on the fourth floor. Surprisingly I did notice more noise from the neighboring rooms however most of the noise ended after 11:00 pm which I found acceptable for a Friday night. I was in town on business and found the desk area to be very good with plenty of light and multiple electrical outlets that were easily accessible.

There was an on site Fitness Center and Restaurant/Bar but I did not use these services.

I would like to note one thing that may seem odd but hear me out. The toilet does flush very violently and honestly caught me off guard. Seriously, do not leave loose clothing, neck ties, jewelry, small children, or any other valuables anywhere near the toilet when you hit that handle, because when you do, there is no going back! Just be aware of it.

I found the employees at check-in to be "average". It didn't quite match the three star level that this hotel provides but I don't require much when it comes to checking into hotels. The second night was better than the first night when it came to customer service.

The only other negative thing that comes to mind is the lack of hot water in the rooms. Both rooms I stayed in were governed for hot water and produced what I would consider to be only warm water.

Overall this was a very good stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I found the room on the first floor to be more quite. That may have had more because it was a weekni...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that we met your needs and you were overall happy with your stay. We hope you chose us again in the future.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!