Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
$106
HIExpress.com
$59
$61
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfast wififun barbreakfast packagefood choicesscramble eggssix nightsan average hotelan assetmicrowave and fridgecold cerealvery nice hotelbreakfast stafflobbybillingtournament
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. 0 problems. very clean rooms, friendly staff would stay again. They do not have a breakfast but do have an onsite place to pick up a breakfast. Cost around 9. It is on the outskirts of Cleveland Ohio we picked this one because we're heading up to Niagara Falls and didn't want to have to deal with Cleveland traffic in the AM.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank stjoemo1
ENemecek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Mentor. We have put a lot of money into renovations and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to keep our staff friendly and accomadating and it was nice to hear that they met your expectations. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Overall a good stay. Unfortunately we had booked the hotel to be able to use the hot tub for the relief of back issues while traveling rather than staying with family nearby. The hot tub was not operational at the time of our visit due to a broken seal so we were unable to use it. The pool was very clean and heated so I did swim a lot to help.

If you are looking for a clean, quiet room this will fit the bill. if you are looking to be able to use the hot tub make sure to call to ensure it is fixed before booking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We strive to give excellent service and an overall great experience to all of our guests. I do apologize that our Hot Tub was not working during your visit. I can assure you that it has been fixed and now is operational. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope that you use us again in the future.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2013

More bad than good on this stay.

On the good side, the staff is faultlessly pleasant. The desk clerks, housekeeping, and bartender brightened my day with their cheerfulness. The rooms are standard, appointed like you'd expect a mid-range hotel room, and having standard mini-fridge and a nice microwave was a big plus.

So much on the bad side though.

Basic housekeeping seems underdone. Many surfaces in the room were dusty, not horribly but still visibly. Some of the room corners have ugly white plastic protectors glued to them, and one of ours had been ripped off and was lying along the wall. The beds were made wrong, both dust-ruffles tucked in with the sheets.

The free wireless internet is nice, but on my first attempt I could not access the main server and wound up on a secondary one that was weak as a sick kitten--I kept having to re-connect. In the morning I was able to log in to the better server and things were fine.

It's not comforting to see a print-out taped to the third floor elevator panel that says "HOLD UP BUTTON IN UNTIL ELEVATOR ARRIVES"--and it seems that only elevator #2 was working at all. I had visions of having to hump my luggage down two flights.

I did not use the in-house restaurant, Krave, but my wife and some of her relatives tried the breakfast buffet. It was utterly abominable. They ran out of eggs for a quarter-hour. Service was glacially slow, items ordered never arrived, people got comped for bad service, and some actually left without paying because they waited an hour and didn't get a check. Somebody needs to march up to that manager and crack some heads!

All in all, this has potential to be a really good hotel. But at present, much of that potential is unrealized. I did find the room comfy and I slept well, but I don't think I'm giving them a "C" score on the basis of nothing but my mood--they're really missing the boat on many essentials.

Room Tip: Go for one in the back to avoid road noise--and room 306 has a window view of the back of heir carport, if you care about that.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TR26
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear TR26,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Clean, great beds, quiet, refrigerator with small freezer, microwave, free internet connection. Bring your own facial tissue as non was provided. No Continental breakfast but hotel has a restaurant on site. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. We strive to always exceed guests expectations and I'm sorry we fell short on that goal. We have had a few nights that have had sports teams which sold out the hotel, that is the main cause for the noise levels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you chose to stay with us in the future.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel was recently renovated & rooms were quite nice. However to turn on the TV and see a crappy picture was disappointing. Image was not HD quality, very blurry. Like watching old analog TV on flat screen.

Surprising, because most hotels now have HD TV.

Other than that, room was ok, a little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Donna G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the TV set. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G