“Would stay again”

Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
“Would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. 0 problems. very clean rooms, friendly staff would stay again. They do not have a breakfast but do have an onsite place to pick up a breakfast. Cost around 9. It is on the outskirts of Cleveland Ohio we picked this one because we're heading up to Niagara Falls and didn't want to have to deal with Cleveland traffic in the AM.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank stjoemo1
ENemecek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Mentor. We have put a lot of money into renovations and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to keep our staff friendly and accomadating and it was nice to hear that they met your expectations. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Overall a good stay. Unfortunately we had booked the hotel to be able to use the hot tub for the relief of back issues while traveling rather than staying with family nearby. The hot tub was not operational at the time of our visit due to a broken seal so we were unable to use it. The pool was very clean and heated so I did swim a lot to help.

If you are looking for a clean, quiet room this will fit the bill. if you are looking to be able to use the hot tub make sure to call to ensure it is fixed before booking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We strive to give excellent service and an overall great experience to all of our guests. I do apologize that our Hot Tub was not working during your visit. I can assure you that it has been fixed and now is operational. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope that you use us again in the future.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Assistant General Manager
Dayton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

More bad than good on this stay.

On the good side, the staff is faultlessly pleasant. The desk clerks, housekeeping, and bartender brightened my day with their cheerfulness. The rooms are standard, appointed like you'd expect a mid-range hotel room, and having standard mini-fridge and a nice microwave was a big plus.

So much on the bad side though.

Basic housekeeping seems underdone. Many surfaces in the room were dusty, not horribly but still visibly. Some of the room corners have ugly white plastic protectors glued to them, and one of ours had been ripped off and was lying along the wall. The beds were made wrong, both dust-ruffles tucked in with the sheets.

The free wireless internet is nice, but on my first attempt I could not access the main server and wound up on a secondary one that was weak as a sick kitten--I kept having to re-connect. In the morning I was able to log in to the better server and things were fine.

It's not comforting to see a print-out taped to the third floor elevator panel that says "HOLD UP BUTTON IN UNTIL ELEVATOR ARRIVES"--and it seems that only elevator #2 was working at all. I had visions of having to hump my luggage down two flights.

I did not use the in-house restaurant, Krave, but my wife and some of her relatives tried the breakfast buffet. It was utterly abominable. They ran out of eggs for a quarter-hour. Service was glacially slow, items ordered never arrived, people got comped for bad service, and some actually left without paying because they waited an hour and didn't get a check. Somebody needs to march up to that manager and crack some heads!

All in all, this has potential to be a really good hotel. But at present, much of that potential is unrealized. I did find the room comfy and I slept well, but I don't think I'm giving them a "C" score on the basis of nothing but my mood--they're really missing the boat on many essentials.

Room Tip: Go for one in the back to avoid road noise--and room 306 has a window view of the back of heir carpo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TR26
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear TR26,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Clean, great beds, quiet, refrigerator with small freezer, microwave, free internet connection. Bring your own facial tissue as non was provided. No Continental breakfast but hotel has a restaurant on site. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. We strive to always exceed guests expectations and I'm sorry we fell short on that goal. We have had a few nights that have had sports teams which sold out the hotel, that is the main cause for the noise levels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you chose to stay with us in the future.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Asst. General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel was recently renovated & rooms were quite nice. However to turn on the TV and see a crappy picture was disappointing. Image was not HD quality, very blurry. Like watching old analog TV on flat screen.

Surprising, because most hotels now have HD TV.

Other than that, room was ok, a little noisy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Donna G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the TV set. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here also for work training and cant think of a single complaint! First of all the lady that checked me in was excellent! She was friendly, informative and seemed to genuinely care. The lobby was new and the décor was modern and clean. The room I had was a two room suite w a mini fridge, sink, living room w a sofa sleeper and a bedroom with two double beds. The beds were perfectly comfortable, the room was clean and cozy and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Also I always ask the staff for recommendations at any hotel I stay at. They definitely delivered, recommending a great little restaurant on some water, which is precisely what I asked for!

I can tell that in good time, this will be one of the top hotels in this area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for a training meeting. From what I understand, it used to be a Comfort Inn and had gone through some renovations. The lobby was very pretty and modern. I enjoyed the spaces to lounge. They had my Gold Priority Club Rewards number on file and did a good job at making me feel valued. I want to make a special recognition for Sonya in the restaurant. I wasn't feeling very well and she took extra care of me. (I ordered something and it didn't quite sit well with my upset tummy. She took it back and got me some soup that I was able to eat) She was kind and personable. She is definitely an asset to your team.
The only thing that I didn't like was the pillows. I had a king bed with 4 tiny, little pillows. really out of scale. Also, not a problem but when I walked into the room, it was set to 64 degrees. BRRRR!! It warmed up but it just seems wasteful to have it so cold in there.
Overall, a nice stay. Kudos to your team!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!