“This is the best place for Chinese!”

Imperial Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 186 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We've been going to Imperial Dragon for years and it rates right up there with Chin's Pagoda (which unfortunately closed a year ago). There's no hanging lanterns, or flaming dragons on the walls, just great food and good service.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We love their szechwan broccoli and recommend always ordering a combination plate which is the best value. Combo includes a choice of soup and choice of rice and eggroll plus choice of ice cream or sherbert along with a fortune cookie. John is the icing on the cake. He is very friendly, often entertaining and always eager to please.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Imperial Dragon "was" our place to go. Well, Never again. The place was so dirty. From the crap all over the carpet to the sugar caddy to the restroom. The iceing on the cake was when we asked for the beer list. I had to was my hands after I touched it.
My husband and Nephew got dinner for 2. It was ok. they never got there ice cream.
The girls at the desk were clueless to say the least. The owner was playing cards at the bar. We will not go back..

3  Thank nancy d
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Imperial Dragon has been in business at this location for about 10 years. I eat there several times a year and always enjoy the food and the value is good. Try the TERIYAKI STEAK on a SKEWER as an appetizer, it's great. Wonton and egg rolls are consistently good and I usually order shrimp w/lobster sauce or cashew chicken.
I used to be a service provider (over 3 years ago) for this restaurant and have been in the kitchen dozens of times. Most of the staff is Chinese and the kitchen is very clean. I can't say that about other Chinese food places in the county and beyond.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We've gone to Imperial Dragon for years, and we thought it was the best Chinese restaurant ever. But since January we've been consistently disappointed with the food. We usually order governor's chicken and cashew shrimp or chicken, and they've all taste like something is missing. For one thing the last time I ordered the cashew shrimp there was only a scant handful of cashews which was a big change, but the sauce is different too. We used to go there at least once every two weeks with friends. Now we rarely go.
Service is still topnotch, but with unappetizing food that doesn't matter much.

2  Thank Donnag