“Miss Cindi” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
“Miss Cindi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My company and I order food from this fabulous eatery every week. The only complaint we have is the help. Terrible attitude, when ordering several orders, we get billed for all orders even though we specifically state we have several separate orders. Picking up the orders and dealing with attitudes has caused us to go elsewhere, such a shame, we love their food.

Mentor, Ohio
“Big portions with a hint of Greek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is one of those great NY style deli restaurants. The food portions are BIG and tasty. I have never left here hungry and usually end up taking home some of the extra's. Traditional deli style food with some Greek specialties thrown in. They have different specials every night so be sure to check the board when you come in. In East coast fashion they have a fish fry on Friday's along with some very good clam chowder. They serve breakfast all day for those who prefer the meal. There is no alcohol in the establishment making it great for families. The staff have always been friendly and attentive. Be sure to ask for some bagel chips. I haven't seen these elsewhere. Prices are fair and you have no shortage of items to pick from.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mentor, Ohio
“Very Good Corned Beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Located in the corner of a strip mall on Mentor Avenue for many years, this is the only decent deli in Lake county. It's been there for over 30 years and has had a couple of owners. It's a typical deli in that it serves all the usual foods and the decor is what you would expect a deli to be.

The corned beef is very good and they serve a good sized sandwich. Not the best or biggest I've had, but very good considering it's suburban setting. The other sandwiches look to be of the same size, but I cannot comment on them or the other menu items since all I've ordered is the corned beef.

If you have the time and feel like driving, Slyman's which is in downtown Cleveland, is much better. But, for a local source, Manhattan Deli is gets the job done.

• Visited March 2013
Ohio
“A lil' somethin' different...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went there for lunch today. Not bad atall. Had the beef stroganoff over noodles, my gf had the open faced roast beef w/mashed potatoes. She said her's could have been a lil' warmer. Mine was fine. Friendly fast service, and lots of yummy desserts to eat there or take home. We'd been there before years ago but thought the food was too 'plain tasting'. This time was much better.

• Visited April 2013
SYRACUSE
“Best in Lake County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Admittedly, Lake County, Ohio, isn't exactly Deli-Central. However, my mother lives there and we visit from New York regularly. Our usual go-to place in Cleveland is Corky & Lenny's, but that requires rather a hike from Concord. That's where the Manhattan Deli comes in.

If you can't trek into the city, this is a very good stand-in. The corned beef is great -- sandwich big, but not overwhelming -- and the pastrami is just the way my husband likes it -- lean and not too salty. He gets the larger sandwich and I get the regular sized and we're both happy. The potato pancakes are crispy/tender, but not greasy, just the way they should be. There's always a nice selection of desserts, including various cheesecakes. For St. Patrick's Day they had Irish Cream cheesecake -- sublime! And, yes, the place is packed for St. Paddy's and their corned beef and cabbage dinner, but it's worth the wait.

I'm not saying this is the Carnegie Deli (actually, they're much friendlier here, and if you've ever been to the Carnegie you'll know what I mean!), but it's the best in the area. The owners are Lebanese, I believe, and their Middle Eastern menu is also very good -- get the falafel and hummus. Num!

• Visited March 2013