“Not much depth”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Mentor
Ranked #74 of 191 Restaurants in Mentor
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

It is an average attempt at franchising smoked bbq. Not bad, however you could smoke shoe leather and it will be good.

Better BBQ can be found within 2 miles.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was not sure how this was going to be since it just opened a week ago. It was great! Love the way it was set up and the good was good. Hey kids....FREE ice cream too.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was their official grand opening and the line was all the way to the entrance when we walked in. It stayed that way every bit of an hour. So they were a little over whelmed, but not one person on the staff panicked. I can say that it was well worth the wait! The smoked ring on the ribs was at least 1/4" deep and they were very tasty! My wife had the mac and cheese and she said it was very good. I had a two meat plate which consisted of polish sausage and brisket. The sausage was out of this world! I also got fried okra and their creamy coleslaw. The okra was perfect and beans were not the traditional thick beans. I'm not much for eating bread, but the bun that came with my meal was very good too and their sweet tea was excellent.

The menu is extensive to say the least. You might want to look it over online before visiting so that you get what you want and have no regrets. Their stuffed baked potatoes looked very good and they also have salads. There are also family packs to choose from.

They have daily specials Monday thru Saturday and kids eat free on Sundays. They have catering options too. Everyone gets free vanilla ice cream cones after their meal if you have room. I have waited a while for this place to open and it was so worth it!!! Sorry Smokey Bones and Old Carolina, but I don't think we'll be visiting much anymore!