Yesterday I was at Panera's in Mentor - placed my order and went to the restroom to wash my hands. From out of the handicap stall came an employee with a dirty bandaged hand. She exited the stall and proceeded to walk out of the bathroom. I asker her, "shouldn't you wash your hands?" She looked at me as if I were nuts. She replied, "I didn't use the bathroom, I just changed the toilet paper roll." And then she walked out and immediately pushed open the kitchen door and entered the kitchen. I asked to speak to the manager, Mark. I told him what happened and again he gave me the same blank look as the toilet paper/kitchen girl. So I actually had to explain basic hand hygiene and public safety to him. She may not have been wiping her behind - but she was touching the toilet paper roll, the door handles, etc. And the filthy bandage on her hand was surely capable of harboring some kind of nasty bacteria. Then she wandered back in to the kitchen to handle who knows what! "I'll speak to her" was Mark's response. I watched as he walked into the kitchen and walked out without speaking to anyone. This is how the public is exposed to germs, bacteria, ecoli, etc. This lack of protocol and common sense is a public health menace and I AM contacting Panera corporate and the State of Ohio Health Department. I Will NOT eat there again. It's called "Dangerous Dining" and I encourage readers to be on the lookout for this kind of irresponsible behavior. Shame on the nonchalant manager Mark for allowing employees to do double duty!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.