“Fun Experience & Good Food”
Review of Potpourri Fondue Gallery - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Mentor, Ohio
“Fun Experience & Good Food”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to stop in for dinner one night after driving by this place for years. We're glad we did. The owners were gracious and accommodating and we really enjoyed the four course fondue experience. It was more food than we expected with tenderloin, chicken, shrimp and scallops -- and the price was right on.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank MentorGirl

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buyer beware! New owner is horrible. Terrible experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent my first anniversary dining here. Ate here many times over the years and I decided to take my wife here for our 30th anniversary... wish I had not. Dining experience was ok. When it came time to pay, I tried to use gift certificates that were purchased for us as an anniversary gift a few years ago. The value of the certificate was $100 and they were bought at full price, directly from Potpourri restaraunt. The new owner stated that he would not accept them since they were from before he became owner. Last time I checked, when you acquire a bussiness, you acquire the debt of that bussiness as well. Needless to say, I was very displeased. The owner was very rude and short with me, turning his back and walking away before I could say anything. Such a shame, as this was once a very classy establishment which provided quality service to its patrons. Will never go back.

1 Thank pher63
Cleveland, Ohio
“Okay”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We bought a discounted gift certificate online to try Potpourri and are glad we did. I think it's one of Mentor's oldest restaurants and honestly, it shows. You can call the decor "vintage" but it's so outdated and tired looking. The Fondue was okay but my hubby and I won't be going back. We'll try the other fondue place in Lyndhurst.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank DHK017
ClevelandSuburb
“Casual Fondue in a vintage setting”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I'm a little spoiled by having gone to The Melting Pot before being told about a local version. Potpourri does not match Melting Pot's quality or selection, but it far exceeds in down-home cozy and value.
This local fondue restaurant has a hotplate on each table. The atmosphere is circa 1970--untouched. It's a fun place where locals go for birthdays and special occasions, but I found it a little cheesy. As in a That 70's Show way.
THe food is good and well-portioned. My biggest disappointment --remembering that I went to The Melting Pot first--is that the oil fondue is really oil. I was spoiled by Melting Pot's option of boullion since I'm not a big grease person. The chocolate and cheese fondues were both good. For the price, it was well worth it.

A TripAdvisor Member
“I love Potpourri!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2005

This is such a unique and fun restaurant, not to mention the food is delicious! Potpourri is a fondue restaurant, but what is nice about it is that they do also offer traditional meals on the menu for those who don't want to "do the fondue". Fondue meals, of course, require that you do the cooking in a pot of hot oil or broth-which I think is quite fun and enjoyable. It is such a different dining experience from your usual sit down, here's your meal restaurant. It's a nice place to go for a birthday or anniversary celebration- when we go we order the Gallery of Fondue, which is a four course fondue meal for two. It starts with a delicious melted cheese fondue that you dip bread and apples into. You also get a salad with a choice of their homemade dressings- also very tasty. The main course is a platter of raw vegetables, steak, chicken, shrimp and scallops. The wait staff will tell you how long to cook each item and you also get an array of sauces for dipping. So good and so fun! Finally, you end with the sinful chocolate fondue that you dip apples, pound cake, pineapple, banana, marashino cherries and marshmallows into. The perfect end to a fabulous meal! One thing that they have changed recently is that you now do get 2 free refills on soft drinks-previously there were no free refills, so that is a big plus! Potpourri is somewhat pricey, but it completely worth the money and is a great place for a special celebration. I love it!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member