“Large portions, just not that good.”

Mama Roberto's Pizza
Ranked #73 of 182 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
“Large portions, just not that good.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Busy Friday, server was not happy, food was not good. Exited with leftovers, but threw it in the trash as soon as we got home.

• Visited September 2013
10 Thank Gljmh

leveland, OH
“Not that good, no take home box needed.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I think most people that like this restaurant are impressed by the large servings. They are "huge". We ordered lasagna, the price was very reasonable. I also ordered the wedding soup. It was good but others in our party did not like theirs. A medium salad accompanies the meal which was fresh. The bread was excellent. The lasagna however was simply terrible. I was had pressed to find any beef or sausage in it.It seemed to be mostly cheese flavored filler but was "huge". I left over 2/3 of mine as did my wife. The sauce was bland with no flavor except for the large tomatoes, this sauce unfortunately seemed common on other entries.
One interesting fact was the restaurants policy on coupons. We had 12 in our party with one coupon and one gift certificate among us. They would only accept one or the other. Only one coupon is allowed per group. The coupon clearly stated otherwise.
Would I go back, no.

• Visited August 2013
13 Thank retiredinwilloughby
Willoughby, Ohio, United States
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Purchased a Groupon to give it a try. My pregnant wife was picking it up on her way home and they told her rudely, the voucher was for dine-in only. She stepped outside to call me to see if I still wanted to try it and I could hear someone yelling at her and asking if she wanted it. What a joke. They should be ashamed of this service. You'd think they'd be more considerate to a first time patron. Needless to say we will not return and will not recommend this place to anyone. I should have trusted the other reviews from Yelp.

HAVE TO ADD THIS: My wife came home crying because THEY CALLED HER ON HER CELL PHONE TO YELL AT HER!

• Visited July 2013
20 Thank SMK979
Cleveland, Ohio
“Healthy Italian Is Possible!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Plan to take half or more of your order home. Look for the light veggie toppings on the veal Marsala and you will eat a delicious and healthy meal. Very nice staff welcomed us in and or server was wonderful.We look forward to visiting again soon!

• Visited May 2013
Mentor, Ohio
“Huge portions!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I order the half portion of pasta and it is enough for dinner and 2 lunches for me. The Italian bread is to die for!! Everything is delicious!

Visited April 2013