“Eclectic, different”

Melt Bar and Grilled
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Finally was able to get into one of these places. Now I know why they are always on a wait list. The dining room is not very big, not a lot of tables. Go in between lunch and dinner hours. The sandwiches and fries are big enough to share, even for the biggest appetites. Anything you can imagine they put in between bread. It is all great tasting, but way too much for anyone.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

More than just a grilled cheese, this place has the most unbelievable sandwiches you could wish for and the servings are so big that you have to take at least 1/2 of it home.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went with a party of 11 for a birthday celebration on a busy Saturday afternoon. The place was packed and had a 40 minute wait, which was very reasonable. Loved the Cleveland mural--loved the drink selection and the rootbeer selection. The food seemed to take a long time to arrive--which was OK since we weren't in a hurry and the sandwiches seemed very interesting. When the food arrived--huge portions--enough to share. Food is a 10/10 on the greasy scale--there are certain burger chains that specialize in greasy burgers that I go back to regularly--but I didn't think that the greasy fries were worth the calories and the sandwiches were unnecessarily greasy--the bread seemed almost drenched in oil and then browned. The taste was not something I'd go back for to risk the elevated cholesterol/triglycerides. Even the sald that one person in our group ordered was topped with greasy onion rings. Nothing special for the birthday person in our group that they were aware of--no song, no dessert offer.etc. They do offer a 25% discount on your check if you have a Melt logo permanant tattoo--who would do that? I won't go back for the food--but would love to sit at the bar to try other rootbeer brands. Was also dissapointed that they don't accept reservations--even for large parties.

1  Thank sierradog1
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

When we went to Melt, I was expecting a long wait, so I was surprised when we were quoted 30 minutes, and then waited only about 15. That's where my happiness ended. We were seated, and then waited at least 15 minutes to order, and another 32 minutes to be served. I asked the waitress how much longer we had to wait, and she told me that we really hadn't been waiting too long, long waits were typical, but she would check on our food. Two minutes later, surprise! Our food was ready. She checked our order time and told us we had only been waiting 32 minutes. I don't understand how that is "typical" when everyone around us had been seated well after us, and were already eating. My husband figured she forgot us. She also never asked us if we wanted refills of anything, although she was pretty attentive, coming around each time I had a mouthful of food.

The food was good and plentiful. I ordered a roasted veggie sandwich with vegan mozzarella, and my husband ordered the falafel sandwich with vegan mozzarella. Our son ordered French fries and a side of green beans (he's not a big cheese guy). My sandwich was about 4 inches high, so I was only able to eat part of it (leftovers!).

So basically, go at least once because the food is pretty good, but don't expect good service, and expect a LONG wait time.

1  Thank joshmom03
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything you've heard is true: the grilled cheese sandwiches are incredible! We got one (the Cuban) to split and it was delicious!! Thick bread, melty cheese, tasty meat. And it was more than enough for the two of us, especially with their generous helping of french fries, (also delicious)! We had it to-go, so we got to experience a little bit of the ambiance while waiting. It was packed and lively in there... kinda like a sports bar.