“Over priced for average food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brown Derby - CLOSED

Brown Derby
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Painesville, Ohio
“Over priced for average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This restaurant apparently does not realize that 60 t0 70% of diners before 6:00pm are seniors and family's with children. Seniors do not like to cook anymore and eat out several times a week. This restaurant does not cater to either. The two groups mentioned above are looking for what they consider good value and I could not justify that after dining there with two seniors and two children. To start there is not a single handicapped parking space any where near the entrance. There is no menu such as the Texas Steak menu with meals under $10.. before 6:00PM. The restaurant is dark and does not feel welcoming when you walk in.The one child ordered a child's hamburger that was $5.95 which was way too large for a child and way over priced. This is not what a family with children are looking for. There are waiting lines at Olive Garden and Texas Steak house for a reason. Perceived value.I did not leave Brown Derby with that feeling or a desire to return. Brown Derby management needs to visit these other restaurants and capture their magic because i am afraid that this building is going to be empty again soon if things do not change. I can not justify recommending this restaurant to any one especially my friends.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frank K

Streetsboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prime rib awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Saturday night during the snow storm we were craving prime rib, we asked the hotel clerk where to go for prime rib and were told the derby hands down is the best. I had a 20 ounce slice and the wife a 12 ounce,was awesome ,melted in your mouth. Place is very nice and service was excellent ,will make this a regular place when we move to town next month.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jameswre
“Nice atmosphere but over-priced food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Monday for an early dinner. It was close to the hotel and seemed to get good reviews. Luckily the company is picking up the tab though because I would not have paid $19 for Krab-stuffed salmon that was undercooked to the point of hoping it was sushi-grade. The place was not busy enough to justify anything like that. Perhaps the steak would have been a better choice. The service was excellent though; friendly, fast and helpful. For as nice as the place looked, however, the fruit flies buzzing around solidified my resolve to return.

1 Thank torjob
thompson, ohio
“Woodfired steakhouse.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and go there often. This is owned by a wonderful man and he and his son run the restaurant together. The food is amazing. Creme brulee is homemade and decadent. Home made soups. You deffinitely can not go wrong with any steaks. Friday special of prime rib is melt in your mouth. You can make a meal out of the sweet potatoes and I have. Can not say enough good things. Dana and Jay are the best servers I recommend requesting them.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank giles98
“Fair place, nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I come here almost every other month. I was here twice this week. The first week I wanted to switch the standard salad for a cold slaw, which tastes great but the lady told me I couldn't!!! It was possible the last time I was here!!! I didn't argue but I was a bit frustrated... When I returned yesterday night, there was another lady there and she said it was not a problem... Next time I am going to be more rigid and request to speak to the manager if need be. Any other time, the staff was very kind. The food is good, more particularly the steak when they manage to select a part that is not too fat or that contains too many though parts. Their baked potatoes are very tasty and HUGE and again, the slaw is wonderful.

• Visited February 2014