“Woodfired steakhouse.”
Review of Brown Derby - CLOSED

Brown Derby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and go there often. This is owned by a wonderful man and he and his son run the restaurant together. The food is amazing. Creme brulee is homemade and decadent. Home made soups. You deffinitely can not go wrong with any steaks. Friday special of prime rib is melt in your mouth. You can make a meal out of the sweet potatoes and I have. Can not say enough good things. Dana and Jay are the best servers I recommend requesting them.

2  Thank giles98
There are newer reviews for Brown Derby

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I come here almost every other month. I was here twice this week. The first week I wanted to switch the standard salad for a cold slaw, which tastes great but the lady told me I couldn't!!! It was possible the last time I was here!!! I didn't argue but I was a bit frustrated... When I returned yesterday night, there was another lady there and she said it was not a problem... Next time I am going to be more rigid and request to speak to the manager if need be. Any other time, the staff was very kind. The food is good, more particularly the steak when they manage to select a part that is not too fat or that contains too many though parts. Their baked potatoes are very tasty and HUGE and again, the slaw is wonderful.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My second dinner was on a Tuesday at 4:00pm. We both got porterhouse steaks. We started off with an appitizer that was 50% off for happy hour. Not long after we finished the appitizer, we got our salad. Very fresh and had a nice verity of different types of lettuce. The timing was perfect as everything came to us at the most appropriate time. Our steaks were cooked as ordered and as described on the menu. They were also tender and very flavorful. As a side we had baked potato. Mine with butter, his loaded. Not much to say about the potato because the steak was the highlight of the meal. Our server was Mark. Very woth the second trip!

1  Thank Sherry H
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Tried this restaurant for Valentines Day. The atmosphere is great, and service was good, however the quality and preparation of our steaks was terrible.

I had a Filet Mignon, and had to send it back for additional cooking. Also, the quality of the meat was terrible. Filet Mignon should not have fat throuhout the cut of meat. My wifes steak was also under cooked and extremely fatty. This Brown Derby left us very disappointed. Not nearly as good of steaks as the Lyndhurst Brown Derby, or Hellriegel's, or most (probably all) of the other restaurants in the area, yet they charge the same prices.

2  Thank John N
Reviewed January 24, 2014

So happy the Derby is still around. We have been to this location several times and have always had exceptional service and food.

We ordered the prime rib special last visit and for $20 enjoyed a great huge bowl of salad, fresh baked bread with honey butter and a beautifully prepared thick prime rib.

The staff is attentive and friendly and the atmosphere is old school cozy.

2  Thank Gary H