“Never disappoints”

Dave's Cosmic Subs
Ranked #29 of 186 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We love Dave's! They're consistent and probably have the best subs around. I didn't know until recently that this was a chain; that's how good they are.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I'll keep this short. I ordered a corn beef reuben and a hot dog for pick-up. My first bite of the reuben yielded a big hunk of chewy gristle. I tried to chew it up, but finally spit it out. The rye bread was dried out and flavorless. The 1000 island sauce was virtually absent and the sauerkraut was basically tasteless. Oh, all the corn beef was dry too The hot dog and kaiser-like bun were good, but the hot sauce did a number on my intestines later. And the decor of Dave's Cosmic Subs? I guess you could call all the photos on the walls of the 60's rockers that died of OD's, morbid chic.
I should have just stuck with my favorite sub shop just up the road, Papa Joe's.