“Here for a week.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Eastlake, Ohio
“Here for a week.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place is clean, and for one you do get a little more than what you pay for: there is a stove lounge chair plus a table and two chairs with a queen size bed. I automaticaly check the bed but this time I also checked the pillows they smelled clean but there where stains on them that I did not like, as the front desk person called me to see how my room was I told her of my findigns and she was very apolgetic and brought me new pillow cases to remove and replace them; she profusely apologised: very good customer service. The cleaning is done but only once a week -hence the lower weekly rates which I can live with I just brought hem my old towels and they ar every good at exchanging them for you. I do have to say though they came in to replace the towels once during my week stay and they did not replace the empty toilet paper -I always carry some in my bags "lessons learned" from other hotels.
But all in all not a bad place to stay for long extended stays. Walls are not thin, and the service was very good.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway entrance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
mentor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Save yourself the time and money. Gross rooms. Its basicly like the old saying...you buy cheap you get cheap. Rooms smell foul like they just sprayed febreeze and didnt clean. The staff didnt seem to happy to be there either. Go down tge street to a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank gingerriss
MC DONALD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I planned a short getaway with my wife and chose this motel due to location to Headlands Beach State Park, cost, and the fact that we could cook some meals to saves some money. My decision was also based on the advertisement touting "renovated" rooms.

We reserved a NON SMOKING room. The room smelled badly of cigarettes. The ceiling was actually stained yellow from the smoke. There were burn marks on the bath tub. In addition to the cigarette issues, there were also stains on the bathroom walls. There was a large dark stain on the parking space directly in front of the room, with foot prints leading to the room and large dark stains on the carpet, probably from motor oil.

We decided that we weren't going to stay there and we left to look for other accomodations.We decided on the nearby Days Inn. The difference was like night and day. When we got back to gather our belongings and try to check out, the office was closed (the office closes at 8). The odor of the room was so bad that our be belongings smelled badly.

I went back the next morning about 7:30 to check out to try to get a refund. The girl at the front desk told me that I had to come back at 9:00 when here manager was there. I told her that I wasn't going to be around at 9 and that she needed to take care of the problem. She reluctantly called her manager on the phone and eventually gave me a refund for both nights after checking the room herself and agreeing with me that the room was bad.

Room Tip: ask to see room before checking in
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EDWARD K
MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I checked into the hotel and I am SO glad that I did not bring my suitcase in yet when I noticed bed bugs. I left promptly.

On the other hand... The evening staff member was so kind, courteous and understanding. She was such a delight!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. They have bed bugs!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank HeatherHolt
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

All the rooms of this hotel that we checked smelled off from cigarettes, despite the non-smoking policy declared. Even new bed linen that I got had the smell of smoke, probably someone who's doing their laundry bother to add his own odor.
The room we got was very dirty. My wife had to clean it herself several times, and only threats that we'll leave for another hotel convinced the manager to send somebody to switch the smelly curtains and remove the fungus that was growing on the kitchen floor.
The cleaners do us a favor when they show up once a week and "clean", forget to leave new bags for trash, not going over the floor, etc. Very sloppy maintenance.

The operating responsible wanted us to pay only for the first two weeks, even though we ordered for a month. Once the two weeks were off, she called me to let me know that I'm locked out of my room and I must come and pay immediately. I would expect a proper notice a day in advance rather than such a treatment. It would have been the same effort for her, but different attitude and much better feeling for us.

The A/C either freezes us when the outside temperature is moderate, or does nothing when it's hot. And yes, we know how to setup the temperature of the A/C. Also, there is no way to turn this thing completely off, only change modes and fan speed.

I don't think that low budget hotel must mean stinking and dirty hotel, because we checked others in the area. The only thing that kept us here is the fact that we have a pet and needed to have a kitchenette.

Room Tip: Rooms can't be guaranteed in advance, there is no way to pre-order a specific room If you are a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gadi W
Afton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

the kitchen and full size fridge saved me tons of cash while in the area working, the price around 260.00 a week . again motel 6 hit a home run for me!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tom e
mentor
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

It's good for a night or to,don't stay longer.The assistant manager goes through your room when she wants just because & doesn't tell you.Alot of drug bust,noise they won't take care of because of money.They don't treat emplyees the same,1 was told if she took her day off they'd cut her hours.She's very nice to customers,so both manager watch her.1 lives there & the other will spend the night there to see if she talks to guests.You can't get any thing you need after 8pm,even toleit paper.One guests heat wouldn't work & their reply was she doesn't need it yet.If she doesn't like it she can leave.My socks got dirty on the carpet like i was outside.Places might be cheap but you deserve better try Value Place in Mentor off Hiesely Rd. very secure & CLEAN.

Room Tip: sk for a quite arera,make sure you can walk with out dirting your socks.Some units have noisey heat...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mcushman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Studio 6 Cleveland - Mentor? Share your experiences!