“Dog Friendly Best Western Plus in Mentor OH”

Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Worcester, United States
“Dog Friendly Best Western Plus in Mentor OH”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a remarkable hotel. It is well-run and exceptionally clean. About a mile off Interstate 90, it's easy to access. Rooms are very large with seating area. The hotel restaurant is not your usual; this one is really good with attentive service. For dog owners, you'll particularly enjoy the reception. They not only allow dogs, they seem to enjoy them and provide a small biscuit at check in. A great place to relax and enjoy a nice meal at the end of a long day of driving.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mentorhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We are so delighted that you enjoyed our hotel being pet friendly hotel. Every employee at our hotel are avid dog and animal lovers. We strive to offer the best experience for not only our human guests but our pet guests as well. We hope your dog enjoyed the biscuits at check-in. We are thrilled you enjoyed your meal at Skye restaurant and pub and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 6, 2013

- every ice machine in the hotel broken. The front desk said they could get some ice from the kitchen "if you need some", but seriously- EVERY ice machine broken!

- room: when getting ready for bed I move my pillow and there is some bug. After looking up pictures on the Internet of bedbugs I determine it is likely not one of those, but I don't know for sure as I am no scientist. Disgusting.

Later I pull down the blankets and on the fitted sheet it appears someone wiped their backside right on the sheet! Housekeeping apparently did not bother to change the linens on this bed. Totally disgusting!

I call the front desk and they said they will bring another sheet to the room. Great- now I have to make my own bed. Well apparently it is better that I did because when pulling off the fitted sheet, on the mattress cover below, there were several stains, some kind of dead bugs, and other miscellaneous pieces of something. WAY disgusting.

While yes they gave me another room, they did nothing else for me. I was ready for bed when all this happened and I had to pack everything up and move. You think the hotel could have given a complimentary meal voucher, a room upgrade, or the room free for the one night. I will definitely write Best Western corporate to complain about this hotel

- breakfast: the people working there immediately asked every person coming in what room number they were in. I personally felt like I was given much scrutiny even though it was obvious I did not come from outside and walk right into the breakfast room

the food selection was fair; scrambled eggs tasted terrible (not sure how you mess that up). They were totally watered down or something. Then I moved on to the oatmeal. I was so hot it took a lot of milk just to get it to a temperature I could eat it, and I usually do not have milk with my oatmeal.

- the hotel leaves a card you can hang on your door to tell housekeeping when you would like your room cleaned. They ask to please put the card on the door handle the night before or early in the morning so they can plan their day. I placed the card on the door requesting the room be cleaned "early morning" as I had meetings in the afternoon and did not want to be disturbed. Housekeeping never showed up. When I called at noon they finally did come 35 minutes later -- hardly "early morning" as I indicated. And again, the hanging door card is what the hotel provided and is apparently the way hotel communicates between guest and housekeeping, yet they apparently do not really use it.

- the hotel front doors, two sets of them, are manual doors opening out. People are always carrying bags, suitcases, etc. etc. in and out of the hotel. One would think they could invest in automatic doors. What a pain to have to deal with these doors!!

- the room TV: a decent size, hung on the wall (so not at all moveable for better viewing) had a decent number of channels, but all channels were in low-def. I was watching the Jeopardy TV game show and it looked like it was from 1973 the quality was so poor. And forget watching any sports with such a low-quality picture!

- during the day the hallways were jammed with things. Housekeeping carts and such, but also room furniture, etc. I suppose it is good they are making things better, but to have to zig-zag through the hall cannot be all that safe in case there was a fire, and totally a pain for disabled folks.

- the room lighting was adequate

- the room work desk was nice but they always place this right at the a/c unit. Not too comfortable having the a/c blowing on you while working

- there are 4 electrical outlets in the room- one in bathroom, one behind the heavy dresser, one behind the nightstand, and one for the desk. Essentially then there is one outlet, the one behind the work desk. You would think with cell phone chargers, a computer, etc., they could provide some accessible outlets in the room!

- no express checkout-- you have to go to the front desk, remember to have them remove the automatic charges for the in-room safe, and wait for the front desk people to print out the bill

- while I thought this was a nice clean hotel (and note not just a Best Western but a Best Western "Plus") I will never stay there again and will pass that opinion on to anyone else that will listen. This is hotel 101 stuff and apparently the Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites of Mentor Ohio are not paying attention to staying up on things.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank echit1
We are truly sorry to hear about all the issues you encountered during your stay. As our guest feedback shows, this is a very unusual occurrence at our hotel. It is true, for a few days our ice machine was not in working use while the area was being retiled around it. We graciously filled our guest’s ice buckets ourselves from our restaurant whenever it was needed. As for our breakfast hostess asking for room numbers, this is a standard practice to ensure we have only hotel guests dining here. In regards to express checks outs, they are available when the guest requests one. The safe fee (our only automatic charge) can be adjusted at the time of the express check out request. Finally, we do offer an extra electrical socket located on the work area desk lamp to help with the extra electronics that are in use today. Again, we are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our hotel and we do hope you found the new room we offered to be more enjoyable.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very pleasant stay from the check-in to the check-out four days later. Very nice lobby with plenty of coffee and tea available throughout the day. The complimentary breakfast bar had a good variety of eggs, meat, and other hot foods along with fruit. The breakfast staff were attentive to our needs and were friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to give the best customer service when our guests are arriving and leaving. We are thankful that you enjoyed our touches on the lobby and time spent creating breakfast suitable for everyone. We hope you stay with us again soon.
Bend, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel was clean, centrally located for our needs with a staff that was helpful and friendly. The attached restaurant (off the lobby) provides a hot buffet breakfast as well as dinners that exceeded our expectations. The pub (attached) was great for a cocktail or glass of wine. Good wine list, too!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are delighted that you were able to try our restaurant Skye during your stay and were pleased with it. We strive to make every guest's stay memorable and are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay.
Burlington
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Travelled from Ontario for a family funeral. Stayed three days. Staff gave a special rate for these occasions, were warm and caring. It was my birthday the next day after the funeral and they presented me with a dish of ice cream and a candle at breakfast.( Breakfast is included and it is very elaborate.) That was very special as the rest of the family was leaving that day.
Dinner in the pub was fantastic. Our service was very attentive and the food outstanding. Excellent wine recommendation. Rooms were very well laid out with counterspace and fridges. We both had a wonderful sleep in the king size bed. Will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor is handy and quiet. Pictures on the wall are worth taking the time to view.
1 Thank daisygirl757
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to make everyone's stay memorable and are so pleased that we could do that for you and your family. We are happy that you enjoyed our Skye Restaurant and Pub food and staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed our breakfast and look forward to seeing your family again soon.
Willoughby, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

You know that sinking feeling you get in your gut and the anxiety felt as you open the door to a hotel room that you've never stayed in, for fear of what awaits you inside? Well book your room with confidence when staying here! Relax and look forward to opening the door to your room at the Best Western Plus in Mentor, Ohio.
In all of my decades of travel, I can honestly say that this hotel is the best I have stayed in. Yes, I have stayed in Ritz Carlton's (most recently in Ireland) and while this hotel may not have the glitz of a Ritz, in terms of value, cleanliness, comfort, and a pet friendly policy, the Ritz does not come close.
The Best Western Plus in Mentor, Ohio is beautiful. The suites are spacious and immaculate. The restaurant cozy and romantic, complete with a piano man playing soft music while we dined.

The front desk employees are bright, friendly, professional and obviously very proud to represent this hotel. True ambassadors of The Best Western, Mentor.

After staying 2 days, we have decided to extend our visit an additional 5 days. Now that we know of this hotel, we will be recommending (insisting) our family and co-workers stay here whenever the opportunity to stay in Mentor arises.

A million thank you's to The Best Western Plus of Mentor, Ohio and it's wonderful staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
mentorhotel, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in being a Best Western Plus and make great strides to show how great the brand is. We are overjoyed at how much you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. The staff at both Skye and Lawnfield work very hard to make your experience memorable. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hope it will be soon.
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Best Westerns are usually a nice chain nation-wide, but this is really an upscale hotel. We have stayed here for at least 10 years when we travel to Cleveland twice a year (it is less than 1/2 hour away). Prices are very reasonable, and the suites are spacious. Mentor is a very safe, pleasant community with lots of restaurants.

There are several staff who I have seen time and again which I think speaks well for a business. I preferred breakfast when it used to be made to order, but it was probably much more costly than the regular BW breakfast. They now also have an upscale restaurant and cozy bar with some fine wines.

Try this historic inn on your next trip to Cleveland. You will love it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time review our hotel. We pride ourselves on being the best we can be. We will take your comments about the breakfast to the appropriate management. We are so happy that you enjoyed the spacious suites and quaintness of our city of Mentor. We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub

Been to Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!