“Love this Inn!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Hilliard, Ohio
“Love this Inn!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Whenever we're in the Mentor area, we have to stay here. The employees are always so friendly and I love the quaint atmosphere! The breakfast buffet was probably the best I've ever had in a hotel! Make sure you visit Malley's Chocolates for ice cream!! The best hot fudge ever!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mentorhotel, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We appreciate you writing such lovely things about our hotel. We take pride in everything we do including our breakfast. We are so happy that you enjoyed our local Malley's Chocolate and enjoyed their hot fudge. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We return for an overnight stay every year in order to visit relatives. This hotel is always upgrading itself yet keeps it's pricing very reasonable. It has a very warm and comfortable ambiance in all areas....from the small intimate bar area, to the restaurant with both inside and outside dining depending on the weather , to the main reception area....we are always impressed. The rooms are clean and well appointed... There is a complementary hot breakfast buffet included as well....this is a hotel that aims to please.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Judi C
mentorhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Your repeated business is the highest compliment we could receive. We appreciate your loyalty and the time you have taken to let others know about our hotel. It is true, we strive to keep our hotel upgraded from new mattresses, and flat screen tvs to our new restaurant and pub, Skye. We look forward to your next stay.
Berkshire, New York, Usa
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just about everything about this hotel was excellent. We had just two minor negatives: the toilet paper roll in our bathroom was left just about empty with one back-u roll. And during our meal at the wonderful restaurant at the hotel, the music was changed from terrific classical music played in the background to loud jazz played so loud that we could not enjoy our conversation. Other than that, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard B
Thank you for reviewing our hotel as well as our restaurant, Skye. We appreciate your feedback and take all comments into consideration for how our establishment is run. We hope to have you stay with us in the furture. Warm regards, the staff at BEST WESTERN Lawnfield Inn & Suites.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visit the Mentor area several times a year and have stayed at numerous hotels in the area. This was my first stay at Best Western Plus Lawnfield. Having read the rave reviews, I had high expectations. Upon arrival, I thought I'd found a new repeat place to stay. It's a quaint building with ample parking and in a great location.

The lobby and other public areas made me feel as though I was staying in a Bed and Breakfast rather than a Best Western. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. My family and I stayed in a King suite which was large and had a sofa bed for my daughter as well as two tvs. I was impressed with the "this remote has been sterilized" signs ~made me think the room was very clean. Free WiFi

Unfortunately, as our stay went on, the less enchanted I became. The most jarring incident was when I came back to the room late in the evening, pulled back the covers and noticed a stain showing through the fitted sheet. Turned out to be a blood stain. UGH. I was tempted to call the desk and ask for a room change but was so exhausted, I just stripped the sheets and pulled off the mattress cover which was where the stain was. Not sure how the housekeeper could possibly have missed it when she/he made the bed. It was GLARING.

This lapse in housekeeping had me question whether or not those remotes were really clean and had my daughter wondering if the sheets on the sofa bed were even changed. Our confidence in the cleanliness was shaken.

Breakfast looked fabulous BUT was another disappointment. I took one bite of the oatmeal and almost spit it out. It tasted like cigarette ashes (don't ask how I know what that tastes like). Eggs were cold which I couldn't figure out because the burners under the warming pans were lit (I checked). Breakfast attendant (who was also the pub attendant from the night before) was efficient but not friendly.

I advised the front desk that I wanted to speak to the manager about the blood stain but he wasn't available at the time. He didn't make contact with me before I checked out. There was a $25.00 credit on my bill but I would have preferred to speak with the manager so I could be assured this would not happen again should I return for another visit. Room rate was originally $149.00 which is high for the area and not a value due to the housekeeping and breakfast issues. I was also surprised by the daily $1.50 safe fee. Haven't been charged for the use of a in-room safe at visit to other hotels/inns.

I couldn't decide whether to rate this poor or average. While there were several positives at this hotel, the housekeeping and breakfast made it a poor (especially when factoring value for price). I'll be returning to the area in November but will be staying elsewhere. It's too bad because this location is better than others for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
mentorhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We all try to achieve the very best in customer service and cleanliness. We apologize for the incident that occured during your stay and want you to know that it is of very high importance that we address it quickly. We pride ourselves on having the best housekeeping but have fallen short and you have our most sincere apologies. We do hope you let us redeem ourselves and stay with us again.
Mentor
Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you are in the Lake County area, I'd highly recommend Mentor Lawnfield. Very nice/almost like a B&B. Beautiful lobby, rocking chairs outside, and lovely rooms w/ comfortable beds. The bar is a great place to get a drink and the restaurant is a 1st class establishment. Nice for a treat! Try it and you'll be back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Skye pub and restaurant. We are happy that you enjoyed the rocking chairs outside and comfortable surroundings. We hope to see you again very soon.
WEST CHESTER
Reviewed September 25, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I've seen n this class, with surprisingly many extra touches. This is the first time I have seen a "clean" TV remote control that can be washed and germ-free. The screened windows actually open. The included breakfast is at least as good if not better than most, and the breakfast attendant is almost obsessive about keeping food out and tables clear. The furnishings are high-quality. I'm told the common areas are furnished in the style of the James Garfield house down the road; the Pub (which I did not even enter) is an "original" building, with the hotel built onto it later. The layout is homey and not quite like a typical motel. Staff were all friendly and very helpful. Complimentary local newspaper and Wall Street Journals were provided. We had a good, reasonably priced dinner in the on-site restaurant. Our room did not have a refrigerator or microwave, and at first I thought we did not even have a hair dryer, but I later found it in the closet, along with the iron and ironing board.

Room Tip: It was very easy to get from our ground-floor room to our car just outside the corridor door.