All reviews full kitchen front desk studio room cleveland area home away from home weekend stay fast food great place to stay outstanding service minute drive would definitely stay here again business trip free breakfast fitness center parking lot alicia chardon
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed here several times in the past year visiting family in the area.

Alicia at the front desk is just an amazing person that always makes us feel like we are coming home. She ensures we are always delighted by the service that is a compliment to a great hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel for a clean, modern and comfortable stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

This place was ideal for an unexpected overnight with kids (didn’t plan on staying, but then did). Stopped by a nearby Target to get snacks and clothes, set my kids up with a movie on Netflix (you can stream in on the TVs!). Swimming pool and hot tub were open early and easy to access. Breakfast was good- cold cereal, Belgian waffle maker, juice, eggs, sausage, and potatoes.

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have been staying at this property for the past 9 years each time we visit my parents in Mentor. On this last visit over 4th of July weekend, our stay was less than stellar. My husband is a Marriott Titanium for Life Member, and while we understand upgrades cannot always be accommodated, after a series of unfortunate events after check-in, we were then made aware of the upgraded rooms that were, in fact, available.

The Bonvoy app and website for this property list a crib as an amenity, which we called ahead and requested. When we arrived to the hotel after a long day of travel with a 5 and 2 year old, not only were we greeted by the smell of marijuana in the hallway, we found that there was a pack-and-play set up in our room - not a crib! Far too small for my 2 year old to sleep in. I called the front desk and spoke with Allison, who could use some training in customer service as she was dismissive and outright rude when I asked for her help in getting a crib in our room. After three calls to the desk, she finally transferred me to the manager, whose name I believe is Michelle, who was more empathetic but had no crib to offer. She did at this point offer us a room upgrade to a two bedroom, which miraculously must have become available just after my complaint about the marijuana in the hotel. I passed on this offer since it was 10pm at this point but did let her know that Marriott would hear about the drug-laden activity in the hotel.

Two mornings later, just before 9am, we saw two men passing a joint outside their car in the parking lot. If you’re a family traveling, I would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel. There are plenty of suite-type hotels right there on Emerald Court that likely won’t cater to this riffraff.

All of this aside, I do have to say that the breakfast buffet is nice and the staff who worked breakfast were amazing and so sweet to my sons.

2  Thank MM0922
RIBMMENTOR, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

I am incredibly sorry that we were unable to meet your needs during your most recent stay with us. We are often put into a situation were we have multiple Bonvoy Elite Members checking in and certainly, during a holiday weekend, they are all requesting a complimentary upgrade. The day of your arrival, we had 6 Elite members requesting complimentary upgrades. Unfortunately, at the time of your check in, we did not have any available. Please understand that our inventory changes constantly with the changes in peoples travel plans. I am sure that not receiving the desired upgrade started this visit on a sour note.
Regarding the Pack n Plays; that is the required standard for Residence Inn hotels by Marriott. As stated in our on line website under hotel information-General Room Amenities; Crib/Play Yard. I will certainly have a conversation with Allison regarding her service delivery. She has received so many compliments from many of our guests regarding her wonderful personality. This is surely not like her.
Last but certainly not least; the marijuana smell. We certainly do not cater to this type of traveler by any means. As you are aware, being a Titanium for life, frequent Marriott traveler, we are in fact 100% smoke free. We do our very best to manage this policy but unfortunately, we do not have the capability to ensure everyone that enters our doors is an honest and morale person. Once we determine that smoking has occurred we try to determine where the odor is coming from and impose a $250 smoking fee on that room. This is not a typical occurrence and being a Marriott hotel, we are held to their brand standards on service and quality which we have done successfully for over 18 years.
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding breakfast and ladies working. They are wonderful and do enjoy spoiling all of our guests, especially our young travelers.
Please feel free to reach out if you would like to further discuss.
Kindest Regards,
Lauri Sinclair

Reviewed July 7, 2019

I've stayed here several times. This property is ideal for either leisure or business travel. They have a pool, spa, fitness center. Breakfast was very good. The availability of a two bedroom / 2 bath suite was very helpful to us on this trip with children.

I'd like to especially compliment "Alicia" who was working the front desk. Her service was exceptional and her concern for our accommodation needs was greatly appreciated.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

I stayed a total of 8 nights here on business trips in June. Rooms and common areas are very clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The included breakfast was good but repeated same selections. It was nice to have a full kitchen. They even have a grill you can use by the pool. WiFi was included and excellent. Overall a couple of very nice stays and would recommend.

Trip type: Traveled on business