“Fantastic Staff!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
EastCoastUSA
“Fantastic Staff!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Unfortunately, I was in the Cleveland area for a funeral. My sister made reservations here with travel points thru Marriott for three nights.

The hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. The breakfasts were actually cooked by real people and there were actual plates not paper. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful at every turn; from the buffet staff in the mornings to the desk staff throughout the day. Howard on the main desk was especially helpful, and gave very friendly and accurate driving directions whenever asked.

When in the area I will stay here again, the hotel was very clean, had friendly staff, and was pet friendly to boot!

(The only suggestion I have was the rooms could use a second mirror to facilitate more than one person getting ready at one time.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear PastryFun,

Please accept our sincerest condolences for your loss. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experiences with us, even though the reason for your visit must have been difficult.

We are humbled by your compliments of our staff. Most times, it is not our decision on how to control the hotel's decor, amenities, layout and other tangible things.... but we do have the ability to choose who we welcome to our team. We are extremely fortunate to work alongside some of the most hard-working and passionate people in this industry. We love taking care of people (and pets too)!

You suggestion for a second mirror has been noted and we will bring it to our management's attention when it comes time to budget for improvements. Thank you again or your business!

Cheers,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Travel plans suddenly changed due to fog in Erie that had us circling for an hour or so. I found myself back in Cleveland Airport needing to get to the Erie area. I had to cancel my reservations in Erie and after calling Marriott, I was rebooked at the Residence Inn in Mentor. I got the last room... Thank you.

Upon arrival I was cheerfully greeted and provided with dinner recommendations. Excellent recommendation, by the way. The hotel, as other reviews have mentioned, is spotless, well maintained and very nice. All that was left was a two bedroom suite. The rooms were really great, clean and spacious. The suite is set up with two separate bedrooms, each with a bathroom. There is a kitchen with electric stove, sink, refrigerator/freezer and a table for four. The living space has a gas fireplace, nice LG TV, sofa and comfy chair. This is not a luxury four star hotel, don't get me wrong, but it is great for families traveling or extended business trips and the excellent rating suggests just that.

Well done to all the staff for making a weary traveler feel at home.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brokenboat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive and thorough review on our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Here at the Residence Inn Mentor, most of our staff has been with us since opening the hotel over 10 years ago. Everyone takes such great pride in looking after and maintaining our hotel and its' suites. It is their passion that shines through and has resulted in us being ranked in the top 5% of Residence Inn's nationwide based on our Guest Service Satisfaction scores.

We truly appreciate your business and thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Wishing you safe and happy travels to your next destination!

Cheers,

Perry, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can only repeat what other reviewers have said. All areas of the hotel were immaculate. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The studio room I stayed in was spacious and well stocked. The bed was more comfortable than my own. Breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold foods. The breakfast area was clean and comfortable, with a fireplace, TV area and plenty of tables. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Andrea,

We are very grateful for your business and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area. We know you have choices when it comes to hotels and appreciate you choosing to stay with us here at the Residence Inn- Cleveland/Mentor!

Shinglehouse, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years, but don't believe we have stayed at a Residence Inn before. After our stay at the Mentor Residence Inn, this will definitely change! We were greeted as soon as we walked in the door by two friendly employees who seemed genuinely pleased to see us. The entire check in took less than three minutes. This included the employees asking us about where we were going the next day, and telling us of the exact route to take to make the trip into Cleveland easier for us.
The room is really well set up. The bed was THE most comfortable we have ever slept in. In fact, my wife and I are going to find out more about the bed next time we go into Cleveland, and try to get the exact same type for our home.
The breakfast area was immaculately clean and well-stocked. While eating, the general manager, Lauri Sinclair, stopped at our table to refresh our coffee. I told her that we have stayed at many Marriott properties, and this one was our favorite. She has been the hotel GM since it opened in 2000, and told me the reason for their success is the long-term employees that have been with her since the start.
If you are coming to Cleveland from points East, there is absolutely NO reason to go anywhere else. An exceptional place, with fantastic people, at a great price. Stay Here!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: They indicated that they had given us an interior room that would be quieter, but I don't think...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim,

Wow! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience at our hotel and can't thank you enough for sharing your feedback with us!

I am humbled by all of the comments about our staff. We always say that every hotel has the basics; bed, bathroom, TV, breakfast etc... But what makes a lasting impression on travelers is how well they are taken care of by the staff. Thank you for acknowledging our staff; the heart and soul of this hotel.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Cleveland!

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I spend the night at this wonderful facility during the weekend. It is spotless and the studio had a full kitchen with regular size dishwasher. I told my husband I could live there as it was really quite large for a studio. It was very conveniently located to a lot of restaurants, a Sams Club down the street and the expressway was close enough to reach but could not be heard. They had a wonderful breakfast with a large selection of hot items, eggs sausage, pancakes, you name it they had it !! The employees throughout the entire hotel were kind and helpful. If we ever go back into that area, we certainly will go back there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Happyandretiredkf318,

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Residence Inn was our home for two months. We are so grateful for the wonderful staff who were so accommodating. The two bedroom suite was our home, and it was great to have a full kitchen. With some of our kitchen appliances (blender, mixer, casserole dish) I was able to cook dinner most nights. We love this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank peapodrce
Peapodrc,

Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. A large group of our family were in town for a funeral and they accomodated our group without blinking an eye. They offer an excellent bereavement rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
sfroberts,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Mentor. My condolences to you and you family for the loss of your loved one.

I am humbled by all of the comments about our staff. We always say that every hotel has the basics; bed, bathroom, TV, breakfast etc... But what makes a lasting impression on travelers is how well they are taken care of by the staff. Thank you for ackowleging our staff; the heart and soul of this hotel.

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor? Share your experiences!