“Couldn't ask for a better experience”

Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. A large group of our family were in town for a funeral and they accomodated our group without blinking an eye. They offer an excellent bereavement rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

sfroberts,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Mentor. My condolences to you and you family for the loss of your loved one.

I am humbled by all of the comments about our staff. We always say that every hotel has the basics; bed, bathroom, TV, breakfast etc... But what makes a lasting impression on travelers is how well they are taken care of by the staff. Thank you for ackowleging our staff; the heart and soul of this hotel.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We came into Mentor on our way to Cooperstown. Got in late and all the hotels in the area were full. Stopped in at the Residence inn thinking they were going to be full too. We were greeted by the two of the nicest hotel staff I have ever met. Problem is I forgot to get there names. It was at around 8:00pm on 9-5-12 for the hotel management to let them know our greatest thanks. We were very tired and they suggested a two bedroom suite and I have never seen suites like these. Each bedroom had its own bathroom and the rooms were divided by a living room and kitchen. Price was cheaper then getting two separate rooms. Thanks again.

Room Tip: very good breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Topcop124,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Mentor. Howard and Alicia were working the evening you check in and we will be sure to recognize them for their outstanding service!

We are very grateful for your business and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area. We know you have choices when it comes to hotels and appreciate you choosing to stay with us here at the Residence Inn- Cleveland/Mentor!

Director of Sales

PS- Your Pugs are adorable! Not sure if they travled with you but we are pet friendly and always love to meet your furry companions :)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the Mentor Residence Inn for about a month for business, and I was well taken care of. The staff was there for anything I needed, the breakfasts were outstanding, and everything about the hotel was clean and fresh! Outstanding experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Tony M,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this feedback with us! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Mentor! We are very fortunate to have a talented and dedicated staff to service our guests.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We made a last minute decision to stay over in the Cleveland area after biking the Towpath Trail at Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Having enough Marriott Reward points, I searched for Marriott brands. This Residence Inn was just off I-90 and is on the east side of Cleveland. We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious room which included a full kitchen and living area, really much more than we needed on this trip. Everything about the Inn was bright and clean and they offered a free breakfast. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool area looked nice but we were traveling on the only cool weekend in August. Since we didn't pay cash, I'm not sure of the price, but if all Residence Inns are this nice, we may try them again somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Becky8910,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Fast check-in, beautiful comfortable 2BR suite and a fire at the flip of a switch to take the chill off a rainy night! Excellent breakfast as usual. No complaints here! The pool, spa and basketball court are outside, so we did not have a chance to try them due to the weather.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

UncleCharlie,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here on the evening of July 1 after visiting friends in the area. The room was huge for a hotel room & spotlessly clean. Cleanliness is my first priority in a hotel room. The hotel staff, especially front desk staff, were very courteous and professional. The breakfast had many items from which to choose. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip through the Cleveland/ Willoughby area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PTWife
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

PTWife,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel dozens of times primarily because it is convenient to visiting our family and also nearby work locations for both my husband and I, and I am an avid Marriott customer, but we were quite disappointed this stay. It is a good hotel for family because the pool / basketball court are both very nice, and breakfast is free, but everything about this hotel is cheap - from the mattresses, to the appliances, to the food at breakfast, to the fitness center. The refrigerator and toilet make a lot of noise, as does the HVAC unit which is at bed height..and right next the bed (and your ears). The mattresses are unsupportive/uncomfortable. Our room smelled of cigarettes, even though it is a non-smoking hotel, and we requested a room away from the elevators but ended up right next to them. There also were baseball players partying in the hallway/rooms across from us our first night so it was impossible to sleep. (Kudos go to the management who did address this issue as they had a lot of complaints and have elected not to let this sporting group return to the hotel again.) At the "free" breakfast buffet, they were always out of something - be it coffee, oatmeal, or eggs - and the staff working the buffet moved at glacial pace. I have always given this hotel 3 stars but after this stay I am downgrading my rating to 2 stars. I suppose I could overlook a lot of these things if the hotel were more affordable but this hotel is way overpriced given these conditions. I must say that the staff are always friendly and nice, and the hotel is always very clean - and the rooms are big...so they have those two things going for them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dawn_St_Charles,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Mentor. We realize you have choices when it comes to hotels in the area and we sincerely appreciate that you selected our hotel.

I sincerely apologize that you were not happy with your stay and can assure you that each of your criticisms will be seriously addressed with our management and staff.

Our rates are higher in the summer time due to significantly increased demand in the area. We take many factors into account when setting rates such as demand, staffing needs and supplies needed.

Our hotel was built in 2001 we underwent a full renovation in 2008. All of our appliances, bedding and other fixtures meet or exceed the standard requirements for a Residence Inn by Marriott.

The weekend you stayed, was our busiest weekend of the summer. Our hardworking staff does their best to keep up with the breakfast crowd but unfortunately on busy weekends like this, our tiny kitchen can present challenges when feeding so many people.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time you are in the area. If it falls on a weekend in which we have available rooms, I'd be happy to honor our AAA discount for you.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor? Share your experiences!