“Hot Commodity”

Cuisines: American
Description: At the corner of State RT 44 and Blackbrook Rd
Description: At the corner of State RT 44 and Blackbrook Rd
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say I have never had anything bad at scooters. All their dawgs are delicious. I am addicted to their mini corn dawg nuggets. Fries come in massive portions. All their ice cream is delicious. The owner is pretty much ALWAYS there and he is such a good person, so friendly just like the rest of his staff. You cannot go wrong eating here. It's just not possible. I always look forward to scooters season every year and so does most of the community BC this place is always hopping. Expect a line BC it is all cooked to order fresh food, so it does take a hot minute to get. But trust me. It is sooooo worth the wait.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Time for my favorite Butter Pecan Cashew hard-pack ice cream!! The mushroom burgers and, of course, hand-cut fries are always delicious!

1  Thank LilyPup2010
Reviewed June 21, 2014

There is nothing better than a deep fried hot dog with all the fixin's and a pile of fries so big you need a football team to eat it. Great price, great selection. A line out the door every day and well worth the wait.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Passing through Mentor, we did a Google search and found Scooter's here on Trip Advisor. It was a Saturday afternoon and we were looking for a place to have a good lunch. WOW! Our lunch was delicious. The hot dogs were phenomenal and the fresh cut fries were delicious too. I got a small order of fries thinking I would be getting a "small" portion. Boy was I wrong! We both ate from them and still ended up throwing some away (we were stuffed!). I'm looking for an excuse to head back to Mentor so I can have another one of those delicious hot dogs. I'm torn though...after reading other reviews I'm thinking a burger may be in order. Either way, Scooter's is where it's at!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Excellent dogs but don't underestimate their burgers. One of the best I have had. Small local stop that hits the mark every time.

1  Thank Sparkythebear