“I see why Scooter's claims to be world famous!”

Scooter's World Famous Dawg House
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Mentor
Cuisines: American
Description: At the corner of State RT 44 and Blackbrook Rd
Description: At the corner of State RT 44 and Blackbrook Rd
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Passing through Mentor, we did a Google search and found Scooter's here on Trip Advisor. It was a Saturday afternoon and we were looking for a place to have a good lunch. WOW! Our lunch was delicious. The hot dogs were phenomenal and the fresh cut fries were delicious too. I got a small order of fries thinking I would be getting a "small" portion. Boy was I wrong! We both ate from them and still ended up throwing some away (we were stuffed!). I'm looking for an excuse to head back to Mentor so I can have another one of those delicious hot dogs. I'm torn though...after reading other reviews I'm thinking a burger may be in order. Either way, Scooter's is where it's at!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Excellent dogs but don't underestimate their burgers. One of the best I have had. Small local stop that hits the mark every time.

1  Thank Sparkythebear
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Like most hot dog places, Scooter's has a hot dog for everyone. Lots of choices as well as every other fried food/ burger / ice cream choices as well. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said here. The food is what you'd expect from a hot dog stand - always good and fairly cheap ( my bill for 2 dogs/ drink/ Jr fries - that I couldn't finish- was $8 and change). Couple outdoor seating park bench/ table, and LIMITED seating inside ( more high top chairs and only a few tables. This place has been around forever, and you'll get your order taken by the most kindly man you've ever met - he's awesome! So go and get a dog, fries and coke, and realize that you've helped a local hot dog stand stay standing!

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Best hot dogs, ice cream and shakes in Lake County, hands down. Great atmosphere and the friendliest service. If you're going to the beach, be sure to stop by Scooters!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Have been there many times. Great location, since it's on the way to Mentor Headlands beach.
Hotdog topping selections are endless. Choice of regular or super large. When you order French fries you might go into shock when you see how large the order is.
Interior is small but fun. Outside tables are everywhere. Wall murals are really fun to look at.
Fun place. Fun people. Great prices. They also serve ice cream cones, sundaes and floats. What more is there!