“So so”

Ranked #103 of 191 Restaurants in Mentor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food is just average here. It's a nice atmosphere and convenient for us. Good prices but limited menu with so so food.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant many, many times so obviously we there are things about it that we like. Those items are the entrees, pizza, burgers, salads, selection of beers, and the decor of the restaurant.

What we don't like is the lack of consistency in the food and service. For many years it was ALWAYS great each and every time we visited. Then some of the servers left and the attitude of the newer staff seemed to be less than enthusiastic and efficient. We also notice that the food on weeknights deteriorated.

So if I had written this review 2 years ago, it would have been 5 stars. But unfortunately today, the best I can give is 3. I hope things return to the days of old so this can become our favorite place once again.

1  Thank HootieToo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our group of 6 had as many different meal choices. But I had the vegetarian pizza and it was delicious. It had lots of flavor. The meals were generous portions. The prices reasonable. Server was quick and friendly.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I attempted to eat at the Beach Club on a Friday night. We received a lecture about not having a reservation even though we were seated immediately. Then we never received as much as a greeting at our table. No server came by to even attempt to serve us. It was one of the most disappointing experiences. I waited 15 minutes and then left. It is a shame because we live close by and the food is usually great. I am unable to provide a rating on anything else because I received no service at all. They have great pizza but they won't get me to come back with a don't care attitude. It only points to a problem with management and the owner. Just a shame because it would be one of the best places in the area if they realized the importance of good service.

1  Thank JAL_Concord
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed Sensational burgers here on Dec. 30 after flying back from Williamburg, VA.
However, their New Year's Eve Pre-Fixe dinner the following night was disappointing.
My wif's selections tasted good to her, but my lobster bisque tasted like a salt brick out of a can. The lobster tail was rubbery as if it had been pre-cooked and sat under a heat lamp. The risotto was starch and cold and the dessert brownie was as hard as a brick.
This place stands by its integrity and they gave me full credit for my portion of the meal. Not many places do that anymore.
We'll be back because they are usually fantastic. They stand by their quality.