“Great Stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed on our way to Canada at this very nice Hampton Inn. Front desk was very nice and helpful. Room was wonderful, quiet, clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast was great. Really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goingabroad

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I are great Hampton Inn fans and will often go out of our way to stay at one. For me, the great attraction is the fantastic beds which are so, so comfortable. We have stayed at enough of them that we pretty much know the layout and services without thinking. The Mentor Hampton Inn, although it has the great Hampton Inn rooms and beds, is somewhat different - - unfortunately, not in a positive way. For some reason the breakfast area is located directly in the lobby area. And, unfortunately, when busy, there are not enough tables for the guests trying to get breakfast. Management apparently tried to alleviate this problem by having a long "communal" table with many bar-stool like chairs. Frankly, I found this arrangement to be offensive and an attack on my privacy. Warning: on crowded weekday mornings, you may find yourself eating your breakfast while standing. This experience seriously detracted from my Hampton Inn experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are fine but you may want to go out for breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank frederickstarbow
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Could not have been any more helpful. Room comfortable and clean. Really good experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barb N
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Great experience at the Hampton. Clean comfortable rooms and Delicious breakfast . Paid $120/night , Staff were polite and helpful. Best beds!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nice. The breakfast in the morning was great as well. A nice place in the suburbs to stay when you want to get out of the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed at this property over 50 nights this year while working locally in the area from June through November. Over that time, I stayed in numerous different rooms and got to know most of the staff. The rooms were always clean and serviceable, with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot included. The included breakfast is good quality for a buffet style meal, and always included 2-3 hot options, make-yoiur-own waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal/cereal, and pastries/rolls. What really makes this property stand out, however, are the management and the employees. Each individual seems personally invested in providing an excellent experience for each guest from check-in to check-out. For example, if I missed breakfast, the staff would get me yogurt and fruit from the kitchen. When I return to the suburbs east of Cleveland, this will definitely remain my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Chakattack
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was a little peeved when my company had me stay in this hotel, as we usually stay at the Hilton in Beechwood, but I have to say, this hotel is so much better!!!!

The hotel is spotlessly clean. They even wash the duvet covers after every guest, which I find impressive, since this is something that grosses me out at other hotels.

The staff here is the friendliest at any hotel I have ever stayed at. They are very accomodating and looking to make the stay wonderful.

They have a hot breakfast, which was great.

I highly recommend this hotel and would look forward to staying here again.

Only issue I had was low water pressure, which I could easily overlook.

Room Tip: Stay on the pool side, there is construction on the other side that starts early.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor? Share your experiences!