“I was expecting a little better”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have been planning on visiting a Long Horn for a long time because their commercials look so appetizing. I tried the top sirloin and ordered it cooked to medium. It was cooked medium well, which I didn't mind too much. I ordered the sweet potato with cinnamon as my side, which was delicious. My boyfriend ordered the filet, done medium well, and it was definitely well done. I was just disappointed that a restaurant that focuses a lot of their business on steaks over cooked both of our entrees. I would like to try another location, because maybe it was just here.

1  Thank Rebecca M

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Our favorite steakhouse. It may be a chain but their food is consistently very good and so is the service. TIP: We will call ahead to get put on the wait list so we don't have to wait in the restaurant as long.

Their side salad is always fresh and crispy. The ranch dressing is excellent! The bread is addictive. I like their ribeye - very flavorful. They redid the decor inside about a year or so ago and it really freshened it up. Very nice.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised when I ate at this Long Horns 2 years ago. They seemed to have upped their game from the last time I was there 4 years ago when it was just so-so. I order rib-eye steaks and the wife likes lobster tails or rib-eyes. We both love their food. The service is generally very good although the last time we ate there the waiter had a definite attitude problem. When I asked for a straw for my water with lemon slice the guy went and got one and basically threw it at me. He seemed to be more interested in his larger groups that just us two. Otherwise I go there for a great meal and good value.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We visited this restaurant on two occasions.
One our initial visit we had their 'leader' sirloin steak luncheon. We found the steak to be tough with minimal flavor. We felt the remainder of the meal, sides and desert, were average for a chain restaurant. Service was good.
At their insistence, we took our child and spouse to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. We found the entree and 'free birthday' desert to be average in quality and pricing to be comparable to other chain restaurants. Based on our previous experience, the group chose to not try the sirloin steak special. Three chose pork chops and were pleased with their meals. I chose the soup and steak sandwich. The steak sandwich was very good and I enjoyed half of it the next day. However, I think flavor enhancer may have been used in the shrimp and lobster chowder. I was very uncomfortable for the remainder of the afternoon. Service was good.
I do envision visiting this (chain) restaurant in the future.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook