Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Comfort Inn(Painesville)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomfront deskwedding receptionparty centergreat hotelcinnamon rollsthe general managerthe entire staffbeyond the call of dutynice poolrooms are largelake erieexercise roomsleeping areahousekeeping staffwould stay here againone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here last weekend (Fri-Sun) for a wedding. I did not have any issues, actually I was pleasantly surprised! :) The location of the hotel was perfect and had alot of restaurants within walking distance. All the rooms are mini suites which was really nice. They all have a living area, and mini fridge. My only complaint was the lighting in the shower. It was kinda dim.

The continental breakfast was perfect. There was a lady who was cleaning up and restocking the breakfast was very nice and pleasant as well.

For the price we paid and location, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate guest comments as they help us to see how well we are doing and what areas we need improvement on. We recently switch to energy saver lights. The longer they are on the brighter they get and it can take some getting use to if you are use to the "old" style of light bulbs as we all were. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience an event at our conference center. Our wedding and event planners are second to none when it comes to planning weddings or other venues, no detail is left undone. Our breakfast is expansive as well as filling. With all we have to offer no one should ever leave hungry!
We know that you have a choice when making lodging accommodations and hope that you will choose one of the many IHG brands for your next stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

So, I have heard some bad things about this location. I don't understand why. The hotel was exceptionally clean, the front desk was VERY informative on the discounted cocktails and appetizers they offer for a couple hours mid afternoon. The pool was clean and the breakfast area was clean. We stayed because of a charity event at LaMalfa and so glad we did. The female at the front desk explained they hold $100 on CC for incidentals or damage but it is dropped when billed. She was very upfront about that which is nice. Many hotels hide that they do that unless you ask. She was right, I checked CC 2 days after and it isn't there. I recommend this place and will stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KIOhioGuy
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We understand that the comments are based on guest perception and when the hotel cannot accommodate a request due to policy or IHG safety and security a guest can perceive us as being difficult. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and would welcome the opportunity to WOW you again on your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for a brief time before, but this trip I was here for almost 4 weeks and the hotel has so many perks, it was the best choice hands down. Fresh cookies, in the evening, happy hour with Dan, fresh fruit at the check in desk, hot breakfast every morning, indoor heated pool and gym.... just like a luxury hotel, but at a budget price.

Room Tip: They do have extended stay rooms available but only with a small fridge and they do not have an in room safe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and Tripadvisor readers everywhere. We are so glad that you enjoyed the "perks" our hotel and conference center offered you during your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at the LaMalfa Holiday Inn Express several times as my company Headquarters is nearby. The general manager, Mrs Neath and her staff have always been extremely courteous and have bent over backwards to assist me in any way they can. The hotel is extremely nice and they often have weddings in the adjacent banquet halls. Despite weddings in progress during many of my stays, there has never been any issues or problems. The staff has been extremely accommodating, and I can't begin to tell you how nice their premium rooms are! I have been fortunate to stay in rooms where there are multiple flat panel televisions, conference tables, fireplaces, hot tubs, and a European bathroom! The hotel is always insuring that the grounds are clean outside and the inside is always clean, fresh, and inviting. If you have any reason to stay in the Cleveland/Mentor area of Ohio, there is no place else to look! I give them 5 stars only because there aren't six! Believe me, I don't give ratings like this out lightly. I am very particular, but when a hotel delivers like this one does, I give them a very emphatic, "THUMBS UP"!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RayC958

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your experience with us during your recent stay. Comments always enforce morale as well as work ethics and our staff takes guest comments very seriously. The staff is pleased that they were able to exceed your expectations and make your feel comfortable. Our penthouses are very spacious and we do choose an upgrade of the day to try and make someone's day a little brighter, from the sound of your letter we did just that!

We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed at numerous Holiday Inn Expresses and none, I repeat none, has the service, comforts, and hospitality as Lamalfa's Holiday Inn Express located in Mentor, Ohio. You'll not have to eat your breakfast on Styrofoam plates and bowls, nor eat with plastic utensils. Porcelain and metal utensils are the norm at this location. The rooms are spotless as the hallways and outside grounds. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants and bars. The staff always greats you with a smile and exemplifies courtesy throughout ones stay. Another plus is the adjoining conference center offers a hostility reception in the evenings for the hotel guests. The appetizers are very tasty and the adult beverages are sold at a price level that transports you back a few years. When in the Cleveland area you must stay at this location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GMLaMalfa, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and other travelers know of your experience while staying with us. Not all hotels have the ability to provide you with porcelain,glass and silverware. Being attached to A 60,000 sq.ft convention center with a full kitchen helps but, fear not. IHG has heard your pleas for more stable cutlery and tableware and I believe they have begun steps in surveying hotels as to what they are using in the breakfast area. We are glad you had a chance to enjoy the welcome reception sponsored by LaMalfa Center. LaMalfa Center has top chefs and pastry chefs on staff which is why their wedding venues are at the top of the catering industry in North East Ohio. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their work and are consistent in their efforts in providing you , our guest with clean and comfortable accommodations.

We know that you have a lodging choice and hope that you will continue to use IHG branded properties in the future.