“Best steak in Medina”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had not been to a Brown Derby for 25 years. Never cared much for the food. My husband and I just went here by chance one evening. We were shocked. The food was fantastic. The bread was delicious. The wedge salad with blue cheese was to die for. The filet was tender and juicy. The sweet potatoe was huge and very tasty. It was as good as Mortons. I don't know if this place has a super great chef or if all the Brown Derby's have changed their menus. We go back here at least every other week. The food is always fantastic. The service is decent. It is a wee bit noisey. The beef medallions are great. Everything is top notch. Try it and be shocked like we were.

1  Thank Donna L

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went there with two colleagues.
After the salad, family style, I had a filet mignon with veggies. Steack was tasty, cooked per my order. Veggies loked and tasted like they were coming from a bag.
My colleagues had the T-Bone that was the special of the night and for $14.99, it was a real bargain.
Would go back anytime

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here. Service was good. Food was great. Always get a good amount of good but of course it's a bit pricey, nice atmosphere compared to the old one. Definitely will be going back

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stopped on a Sunday in early Feb in while passing through so review based on first impression only.

Place is located in close proximity to the Hampton Inn and close to the highway.

Parking lot was reasonably full at about 6:30pm with sufficient parking. My first impression upon opening the door was the din of china, cutlery, conversation and children. If I had not been with others I would have found another spot as after a day of driving, noise is not what I needed.

The interior is nicely decorated in style consistent with its name but the high ceiling is unfinished except for paint and this I believe enhances the noise level. The tables are reasonably spaced so claustrophobia for those who suffer should not be concern. In the cold weather I would recommend further in and away from the front door to avoid the breeze when both door are open simultaneously.

Serving staff was friendly and prompt from entering, to service, and the inevitable bill presentation.

Our party had the steak and fish and both were very nice. The steak was a bit seasoned for my taste but certainly nothing that that would detract from the quality, just my preference. Side plates were ordered and they were of a generous size so sharing is an option.

I would return for the food ... but the noise would turn me elsewhere. If establishment can reduce noise level in factors they can influence it would enhance the atmosphere a notch or two higher.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had the pulled pork dinner with mashed potatoes, string beans and (I think) onion ring bites..didn't eat many. I thought my dinner was great. My wife got the same thing except with beef instead of pork and hated it, I'd give it a 5, she'd give it a 1 so it got a 3