“Good steacks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brown Derby
Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Good steacks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went there with two colleagues.
After the salad, family style, I had a filet mignon with veggies. Steack was tasty, cooked per my order. Veggies loked and tasted like they were coming from a bag.
My colleagues had the T-Bone that was the special of the night and for $14.99, it was a real bargain.
Would go back anytime

Visited February 2014

“Excellent service and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here. Service was good. Food was great. Always get a good amount of good but of course it's a bit pricey, nice atmosphere compared to the old one. Definitely will be going back

St. Catharines, Canada
“Nice Spot ... But after a day driving , quieter would be better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stopped on a Sunday in early Feb in while passing through so review based on first impression only.

Place is located in close proximity to the Hampton Inn and close to the highway.

Parking lot was reasonably full at about 6:30pm with sufficient parking. My first impression upon opening the door was the din of china, cutlery, conversation and children. If I had not been with others I would have found another spot as after a day of driving, noise is not what I needed.

The interior is nicely decorated in style consistent with its name but the high ceiling is unfinished except for paint and this I believe enhances the noise level. The tables are reasonably spaced so claustrophobia for those who suffer should not be concern. In the cold weather I would recommend further in and away from the front door to avoid the breeze when both door are open simultaneously.

Serving staff was friendly and prompt from entering, to service, and the inevitable bill presentation.

Our party had the steak and fish and both were very nice. The steak was a bit seasoned for my taste but certainly nothing that that would detract from the quality, just my preference. Side plates were ordered and they were of a generous size so sharing is an option.

I would return for the food ... but the noise would turn me elsewhere. If establishment can reduce noise level in factors they can influence it would enhance the atmosphere a notch or two higher.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Petoskey, Michigan
“Give and Take”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had the pulled pork dinner with mashed potatoes, string beans and (I think) onion ring bites..didn't eat many. I thought my dinner was great. My wife got the same thing except with beef instead of pork and hated it, I'd give it a 5, she'd give it a 1 so it got a 3

Visited January 2014
Medina, OH
“Great place for dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Brown Derby is right around the corner for us. The menu is varied so has a lot to offer the many different tastebuds in our family. It's our "go to" place for family dinners. Service is always good. The bar is a fun place to waste a night away. Good wine selection. They do a great job with the seafood.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Brown Derby? Share your experiences!