“Great place for dinner!”
Review of Brown Derby

Brown Derby
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Brown Derby is right around the corner for us. The menu is varied so has a lot to offer the many different tastebuds in our family. It's our "go to" place for family dinners. Service is always good. The bar is a fun place to waste a night away. Good wine selection. They do a great job with the seafood.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

And that would be, there is not a Brown Derby near me. This review is a little late in coming, but I had to write it. We were visiting in the Cleveland area and all agreed we wanted to try here. I was so glad we did. I remember the old Brown Derby and never thought this would approach them. There were four in our party. Every one got a steak. Each one a different kind. All reported them good. I know mine was. The salad bowl was good, not exceptional, but who cares? I got the large Grog drink, which some say is big enough for two. I choose to drink it by myself. It was garnished with lots of fruit and delicious.
They have a odd way of seating. That night was the local Homecoming, so maybe that made things a little more hectic than usual. Again, if the food is good, and it was, the service was also good, who cares? I can not wait to visit the area again. I will definitely go back, at lease once, on our next trip.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

After having more than a few successful personal and business dinners at this Girves location, I ended my once in a long while date night with my husband less than satisfied.
I really like the atmosphere (decor) of this place. One of the reasons why I return. However, the music selection stinks. It's a loud place so the last thing I want to hear is even louder rock music over the already loud conversation. Perhaps a lighter type of dining music would be more appropriate.
We had 7:00 reservations on a Friday night. We arrived very early, 6:20. The place was pretty empty, yet we were told we had to wait for our table to open. We went to a bar and spent $20 on a Moscow Mule concocted in the right type of barware but with really bad vodka, and a glass of Malbec, which was served way too warm. Finally, 40 minutes later, we were escorted to our table, which was right by the entrance. Yuck. Terrible location. We should have eaten at the bar.
Terrible service, or should I say non-existant service that evening. We waited a very long time before being acknowledged by anyone other than the girl who sat us. We noted that our waitress only had out table in the section and the rest of her tables were elsewhere, perhaps why she never returned to check on us but once.
My t-bone, ordered med rare, was more on the medium side, tough, overcooked. Tasty, though. Sweet potato was wonderful. House salad drowning in really good dressing but too much for my liking. Ask for dressing on the side. My husband's strip could barely be cut it was so grisly. We told the waitress but I don't think she really cared. She was young, inexperienced.

The manager walked by and asked how we were doing and I told him I was disappointed with my t-bone and my husband's steak was tough. Plus he would have loved some steak sauce but nobody ever came back to check on us before that. The manager offered to make us new steaks. Really, that is not what I wanted after already eating most of my meal. He brought me another glass of wine and kept asking my husband if he wanted another beer, even after my husband told him he had to drive. Finally we settled on comp dessert, which was the best dish to come out of the kitchen, chocolate creme brulee. I may go back just for that sweet thing. But most likely not.

I think if we want a nice steak there are better places in the area anymore. What started out as a higher class version of the Brown Derby restaurants has now seemed to fall in line with the Road Houses, just priced higher.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went on a Saturday night and they did not take reservations before 7:30pm. We waited int the restaurant they lack a waiting area! Got seated 25 min later. The waitress was really good accommodated our kids and gave them refills all the time and us too. We ordered the mushroom appetizer and it was amazing! Then came rolls and butter and big bowl of salad to share at the table. When the dinner came we were almost full. I had the sirloin steak and shrimp dinner and it was good. My steak was not medium hence the 4 star rating but the waitress ordered a new steak for me that was medium! Amazing service and the manager came by to see how we liked our food. They grill on wood and you can see everything in the kitchen which kids enjoyed watching in the main part of the restaurant! My husbands lobster and steak dinner was a 5 star. The kids loved their steak dinner also. They have two extra rooms were you can have a bigger party. The patio looked nice but in the summer. We definitely would recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Its friendly, attractive, warm and inviting. Staff works REALLY hard. It has the big TVs in the bar area if you like that stuff, good music (a little heavy on multi-media to suit me personally), but
its well managed here.
The food has Never EVER Disappointed us. Last week I had a shank of lamb (huge) and
polenta with a tomato sauce that was to die for. My husband's filet mignon was perfection as well. They give a big salad, warm and tasty buns with a honey butter that is great, and nice
homemade salad dressing.
We don't drink but totally enjoy this place.
You can linger without a hassle, or if you need to, get served fairly pronto, even when busy.
My sister gives us Gift Certificates each Christmas and we so enjoy them.

1  Thank CayceCleveland_Ohio