“Far exceeds expectations!”

Castle Noel
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Medina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See it all at America’s Largest Indoor Year-roundChristmas Entertainment Attraction featuring “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland, “I Had That” Toyland Experience, NYC Christmas Windowland. Experience flying with Santa in the simulator ride and receive a DVD. Hold on as you enter our magical world through the North Pole Blizzard Vortex tunnel. In a wheel chair? Santa set it up to be wheel chair accessible. Go through Santa’s Squeeze and find out how Santa feels going down a chimney. Climb Santa Klaus mountain, see Santa and get “The Best Santa Photo Ever” then, Slide back down like Ralphie. Simply Amazing! Directly from Hollywood: The entire “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland prop and costume collection. The world’s largest privately owned collection of Hollywood Christmas movie props and costumes used in the movies: “Elf”, “Grinch”, “Turboman”, “Santa Claus 1, 2 and 3” and much more.PLUS, over $2 million in NYC Christmas window displays from Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales and more. America’s #1 Christmas Fun Place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Richmond, Virginia
“Far exceeds expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was in town with family from Richmond, VA. I visited Castle Noel on a rainy Saturday in August. I didn't know what to expect but was not too excited. I was pleasantly surprised with the entire tour. The staff was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable of display content throughout the museum. The displays were fun and took me back to Christmases of my youth. My parents and sister also had a great time. I highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2014

Westlake, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Christmas in July (and year-round!) Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

While visiting Medina we wanted to visit this attraction (as we both have a love for anything Christmas). It was fun to have the actors/actresses from A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life signing photos for Christmas in July. We loved seeing the old records hanging up in the waiting room (for the tour).

My bf really enjoyed the displays of toys. Would have liked to see the toys displayed by decade! :) Not at all what we were expecting (we thought it would be a lot of decorations and trees) but we enjoyed seeing the Nutcracker displays and movie costumes.

One of our favorite things was the ornaments and pieces that Mark (the owner) sculpted. Very beautiful and unique. Ticket prices were a bit much $16/person for a 1 hour tour.

1 Thank Natalie M
Mercer, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun for adults too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

What a great way to spend a day. Medina has several small shops with lots of great merchandise, but the Castle Noel was wonderful. It was an easy walk for over 65. If you love Christmas movies, don't miss this place!

1 Thank Tina G
Cleveland, Ohio
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Festive and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you’re looking for a place to remind you to honor Christmas in your heart, and try to keep it all the year, this is the place! I’m not a big fan of movies, but I’m a huge fan of museums and I love Christmas, so Castle Noel called out to me. The set pieces, costumes and props were amazing and attention to detail was incredible. It was fascinating hearing the stories about how the pieces were attained, how they were created, or how they were used. I loved the creative interactive displays – like the experience of squeezing through a chimney (like Santa) and sliding down Santa’s mountain. Besides being great fun, Castle Noel is quite nostalgic. There are plenty of displays with happy reminders of days gone by for those of us who have been around for a while. Visiting Castle Noel provides an opportunity to see many of the most unique, one-of-a-kind items that you’d never be able to see otherwise. If you’re the type of person who likes to take their time to appreciate all that museums have to offer, I would suggest visiting Castle Noel during non-peak seasons or when there are no special events. This will allow time to leisurely linger to fully take in and enjoy the experience. My only suggestion to Castle Noel would be to somehow incorporate “museum” into their name so it isn’t mistaken for a shop that’s merely selling holiday baubles. The amazing treasures inside deserve the distinction and acknowledgement as being legitimate museum pieces. Thanks, Castle Noel, for a fabulous Christmas in July experience!

1 Thank tourist-du-jour
Medina, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very pricey for what it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Expensive, especially at Christmas time. It cost me, a family of 4 almost $100 to visit! It is interesting but one time was enough. I question the authenticty of some of the exhibits. The RV from "cousin eddy" was on the travel channel showcased as the "movie original" so someone is wrong!! Guess it doesn't matter.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Kimberly N
Dana K, Owner at Castle Noel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hi Kimberly:
I am sorry you thought it was more expensive than it was. The most a family of 4 could spend to enter is $64.00. Our price is considerably less than most haunted houses and also much larger. Our facility is 40,000 square feet. Props and costume collecting is an interesting game, most if not all props, items, vehicles are produced as multiples. The one key shot of the motor home in the movie shows differences from both the motor home on the travel channel as well as our own. The petigree it shares is the same. From LA with a similar story. Thankfully Props from more modern movies all come with lengthy paperwork. Every prop and costume inside of Castle Noel has documents of authenticity. It is my greatest pleasure to enjoy our guests and have them have a wonderful time. That is overwhelmingly the case. In fact most of our off season guests are previous guests excited to bring family and friends from out of town.

Been to Castle Noel? Share your experiences!