“Fun family activity for movie lovers”
Review of Castle Noel

Castle Noel
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Medina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See it all at America’s Largest Indoor Year-roundChristmas Entertainment Attraction featuring “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland, “I Had That” Toyland Experience, NYC Christmas Windowland. Experience flying with Santa in the simulator ride and receive a DVD. Hold on as you enter our magical world through the North Pole Blizzard Vortex tunnel. In a wheel chair? Santa set it up to be wheel chair accessible. Go through Santa’s Squeeze and find out how Santa feels going down a chimney. Climb Santa Klaus mountain, see Santa and get “The Best Santa Photo Ever” then, Slide back down like Ralphie. Simply Amazing! Directly from Hollywood: The entire “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland prop and costume collection. The world’s largest privately owned collection of Hollywood Christmas movie props and costumes used in the movies: “Elf”, “Grinch”, “Turboman”, “Santa Claus 1, 2 and 3” and much more.PLUS, over $2 million in NYC Christmas window displays from Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales and more. America’s #1 Christmas Fun Place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited as a family the week before Christmas. Most of us were movie lovers and we all had a great time. It was very crowded the day we went but once our tour started the tour guides do a good job timing the groups through different exhibits so that you don't feel rushed. You are welcome to take photos too. We parked for free across the street with no issues. During the tour we saw a mix of old movie memorabilia ranging from the full size Christmas Vacation's RV and The Christmas Story's Santa (mountain) slide to smaller famous still photos and vintage NYC window displays. There were also two parts of the tour called the Blizzard Vortex and Santa's Squeeze which made us all laugh. As the castle is retrofitted into an old church, there are some stairs which someone with mobility issues might not want to do. I plan to go again.

2  Thank Leslie C

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a museum that is compiled of Christmas Movie items. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, Christmas with the Kranks etc. as well as a trip into memory lane with viewing windows of vintage toys. A great section is where they keep the window displays from Macy's. Right up to the glass, you can see all of the detail. A word of warning - they have a "Santa workout" where you have to squeeze through 2 hair filled 'pillows' in order to get to the other side. I don't know what they would do if someone really couldn't get through and surprised that my short, older, double knee and foot surgery mother in law even attempted it. All's well that ends well and we all made it. If making a day of it, you could pair it with a jolt down to the Christmas Story house! This is Castle Noel's first year and they are off to a great start!

3  Thank W A
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We loved the tour! The Christmas memorabilia is awesome. The Christmas Story Mountain and slide was so much fun. My son loved it (and so did I!)

2  Thank Todd S
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We paired this trip with the Christmas Story House (see that review). I had heard about this new attraction via Facebook and wanted to prolong our holiday season. We were the next to last tour of the day on Dec 30th. Parking was right next door in a private lot. We walked right up to the counter, signed our waiver and purchased our tickets. We weren't told where to go from there so I asked. We were in a holding room for just a few minutes with the Grinch movie playing on a screen. We had about 15 people in our group. I think 10-12 people would have worked out better for everyone to get close to see what the tour guides were talking about. I would not recommend strollers as one person in our group was constantly struggling with the child in and out of the stroller and tackling it up steps. Just carry the child or walk slow enough for the child to maneuver the steps, same with struggling adults. The only trouble we had was leaving the display full of blue lights. I almost didn't see the two steps down right outside the door. If you don't want to or are unable to go through the Vortex or the Santa suit, I did see alternate doors. In reading other reviews, this being a new attraction, of course there will be kinks. I think by the time we visited in the season, they had things pretty well worked out. I can't imagine the number of man hours it took to get everything and everyone ready for visitors. The displays are fabulous (and will change according to a guide). The tour guides were all very knowledgeable and loud enough to be heard. There was a different guide for each area of the tour. We were told at the beginning and several times after that we could linger in an area and catch the next tour. I noticed several places to sit to enjoy the displays. We had watched many of the movies throughout the season so even my 8 and 13 yo were enthralled with the attractions. I think around Thanksgiving and after Christmas are probably the least busy times. This is a new and growing attraction so planning ahead is always best. They did mention a Christmas in July event. And we plan to go back in 2014 when Medina first decorates the city for the holidays, there are so many great looking shops in the area and I can't wait to see what Castle Noel has in store for the future. Well thought out, awesome attraction put together with love.

2  Thank TWolfe02
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Castle Noel after Christmas? Perfect time for my family to go! Teen & tween have been begging us to go, but had heard the lines have been long since they opened in Nov. 2013. Having seen Klaus' work before, I knew I would want to take our time & take it all in so I waited until after the holidays to enjoy. And it was worth the wait! Our family of four spans from ages 11 to 50 and there was something for all of us to enjoy. My kids--who haven't seen much in the way of window decorations--really enjoyed the animated window displays. And of course Santa's Mountatin. Loved interactive exhibits like Santa's squeeze and the vortex. As for the price? I thought it was money well spent--about the cost of a 3D movie, takes about the same time and 10x more memorable and memory making than any movie. Great afternoon!

1  Thank jhtrigs

Been to Castle Noel? Share your experiences!