“Loved it!”

Castle Noel
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Medina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See it all at America’s Largest Indoor Year-roundChristmas Entertainment Attraction featuring “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland, “I Had That” Toyland Experience, NYC Christmas Windowland. Experience flying with Santa in the simulator ride and receive a DVD. Hold on as you enter our magical world through the North Pole Blizzard Vortex tunnel. In a wheel chair? Santa set it up to be wheel chair accessible. Go through Santa’s Squeeze and find out how Santa feels going down a chimney. Climb Santa Klaus mountain, see Santa and get “The Best Santa Photo Ever” then, Slide back down like Ralphie. Simply Amazing! Directly from Hollywood: The entire “Holly”wood Christmas Movieland prop and costume collection. The world’s largest privately owned collection of Hollywood Christmas movie props and costumes used in the movies: “Elf”, “Grinch”, “Turboman”, “Santa Claus 1, 2 and 3” and much more.PLUS, over $2 million in NYC Christmas window displays from Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales and more. America’s #1 Christmas Fun Place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We loved the tour! The Christmas memorabilia is awesome. The Christmas Story Mountain and slide was so much fun. My son loved it (and so did I!)

2 Thank Todd S

Lexington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“"Plan to go back!"”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We paired this trip with the Christmas Story House (see that review). I had heard about this new attraction via Facebook and wanted to prolong our holiday season. We were the next to last tour of the day on Dec 30th. Parking was right next door in a private lot. We walked right up to the counter, signed our waiver and purchased our tickets. We weren't told where to go from there so I asked. We were in a holding room for just a few minutes with the Grinch movie playing on a screen. We had about 15 people in our group. I think 10-12 people would have worked out better for everyone to get close to see what the tour guides were talking about. I would not recommend strollers as one person in our group was constantly struggling with the child in and out of the stroller and tackling it up steps. Just carry the child or walk slow enough for the child to maneuver the steps, same with struggling adults. The only trouble we had was leaving the display full of blue lights. I almost didn't see the two steps down right outside the door. If you don't want to or are unable to go through the Vortex or the Santa suit, I did see alternate doors. In reading other reviews, this being a new attraction, of course there will be kinks. I think by the time we visited in the season, they had things pretty well worked out. I can't imagine the number of man hours it took to get everything and everyone ready for visitors. The displays are fabulous (and will change according to a guide). The tour guides were all very knowledgeable and loud enough to be heard. There was a different guide for each area of the tour. We were told at the beginning and several times after that we could linger in an area and catch the next tour. I noticed several places to sit to enjoy the displays. We had watched many of the movies throughout the season so even my 8 and 13 yo were enthralled with the attractions. I think around Thanksgiving and after Christmas are probably the least busy times. This is a new and growing attraction so planning ahead is always best. They did mention a Christmas in July event. And we plan to go back in 2014 when Medina first decorates the city for the holidays, there are so many great looking shops in the area and I can't wait to see what Castle Noel has in store for the future. Well thought out, awesome attraction put together with love.

2 Thank TWolfe02
Cleveland, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great attraction!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Castle Noel after Christmas? Perfect time for my family to go! Teen & tween have been begging us to go, but had heard the lines have been long since they opened in Nov. 2013. Having seen Klaus' work before, I knew I would want to take our time & take it all in so I waited until after the holidays to enjoy. And it was worth the wait! Our family of four spans from ages 11 to 50 and there was something for all of us to enjoy. My kids--who haven't seen much in the way of window decorations--really enjoyed the animated window displays. And of course Santa's Mountatin. Loved interactive exhibits like Santa's squeeze and the vortex. As for the price? I thought it was money well spent--about the cost of a 3D movie, takes about the same time and 10x more memorable and memory making than any movie. Great afternoon!

1 Thank jhtrigs
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Christmas Magic!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We loved our visit to Castle Noel! Very fun and festive. My favorite was Cousin Eddie's RV from Christmas Vacation. It was fun to look at all the vintage toys...many which were under the tree for me and my husband when we were children. I took lots of great photos!
We all went down the slide after seeing Santa....so much fun!!
We will definitely be back - the sleigh ride over London sounds like it will be amazing!
I recommend reservations. We went the Saturday before Christmas, it was VERY crowded and without reservations would have been at least a two hour wait. Also, so very happy to purchase the Wally World Mugs - just like the ones Clark & Eddie drank out of!

Rogers, AR
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“If you love Christmas movies, it is a must!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Small crowd, no problems with waiting. The first thing we saw was Uncle Eddie's RV from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". We were hooked! There were more Christmas movie props and NYC Christmas store displays than you can imagine. Only complainants: 1)guides need to speak louder and slower. 2) We seemed to be rushed through the displays. The positives beside the RV: 1) A video of Christmas on TV from black-and-white to more modern. 2) Old Christmas toys. 3) The finale was Santa Claus and the slide from "The Christmas Story" I am 67 and slide down that iconic slide like a 10-year-old. Loved it!

Visited December 2013

Been to Castle Noel? Share your experiences!