“Good But Pricey!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Valley City, Ohio
“Good But Pricey!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Food was good. The meal was a little pricey. The staff could have been a little more friendly. A little away from town.

• Visited March 2014

Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had the Bourbon Grilled Meatloaf, what a treat! Very nice location, it's an old stagecoach stop. Full service bar and fast friendly service.

Visited July 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“What a let-down...”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went to Medina Steakhouse this evening to celebrate my birthday with our adult son. All 3 of us disliked our meal. I ordered the "pan-seared" scallops with pasta.There was no indication that they were pan-seared. In fact, I am certain they just tossed them in while they were boiling the pasta. They had no flavor and were rubbery. My salad was supposed to have "candied walnuts" on it when in fact it had a handful of plain, raw walnuts plopped on top. My husband ordered the prime rib. It arrived covered in a heavy rosemary-flavored gravy that hid the meat and dominated the taste. Our son ordered a burger- over-seasoned and very under cooked! The only enjoyable part of our meal was the soup of the day, tomato artichoke. The porch was lovely but right on the street with a fair amount of traffic. Our server was pleasant. But when my son said he did not like his burger, she just replied "thank you for letting me know that." Our meal was nearly $100 (no alcohol on this tab.) what a let-down and a poor value. We will not return.

• Visited July 2014
Medina, Ohio
“Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Always reliable, from great salads, soups and sandwiches. Steaks are always great, as is thee fresh seafood. Friendly bartender and lovely historical surroundings make this a regular stop for my husband and I.

• Visited May 2014
Medina, OH
“Grealy improved with new chef”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The old chef has returned and it is great. I had the Lamb chop special and it was extraordinary!! Beer cheese soup is excellent. Also have excellent Lake Perch. Will go back for sure!!

• Visited April 2014