“Nice surprise in rural Ohio”

Rose Hill Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 132 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: American, European, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rose Hill is situated approximately 5 miles south of the historic Medina Square. The original building was built in the 1830's as a farmhouse and sits on 8 beautiful and landscaped acres. Then in the late 1980's the current dining and party rooms were added on, and in 2012 the current owners remodeled the establishment. The dining room has a warm elegant atmosphere with a fireplace in the wintertime; a divider separates a private area for small parties such as birthdays, etc. It features a beautiful bar with over 50 wines from around the world, a contemporary party room seating up to 80 guests, a huge patio where guests can enjoy the wonderful pastoral scenery, and best of all the fantastic food our culinary team prepares; from steak to seafood, to chicken and pasta, and of course our ethnic dishes like chicken paprikash and homemade spaetzels, pork schnitzel, and smoked meat and cheese platter, all made on premise.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Rose Hill is just up the highway from my daughter's home and on a recent trip we visited to see if it lived up to local reputation. It did, and more. Excellent, attentive, knowledgeable server who also worked well with the young children. Traditional homelike decor. Very diverse menu, featuring locally produced meats and vegetables. Amish grown fresh green beans, pan fried, were a wonderful side. Lightly breaded Walleye (Canadian - US doesn't allow commercial fishing) contrasted the Ahi Tuna special. The tuna came perfectly cooked to medium rare without asking, a real surprise in this part of the world. The mac & cheese was a little hot for the children, but otherwise was a delightful three cheese penne surprise. Good selection of local micro brews, including Great Lakes from Cleveland, on tap. Unfortunately I was driving and had tea! Will look at the wine list on the next visit.

2  Thank SaintJacob
There are newer reviews for Rose Hill Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2014

what a wonderful meal we had last night after the storm came through. we sat outside and olivia served us. the food was excellent and we had a really nice croatian wine from Sue the owner. the smoked meat and cheese plate was excellent also. thanks for a great time.

1  Thank marthasleelanautable
Reviewed June 15, 2014

First time we had been to this restaurant and we were very happy with the Fathers day brunch and cookout . All food was very good to excellent (except the potato pancakes ) and the chefs were eager to please both at the grill and the inside brunch buffet . I would definitely recommend this for a nice dinner or Sunday brunch. We sat on the patio but the interior was very nice and clean with lots of dark woodwork through out . Congratulations to the family who owns and operates this restaurant -- keep up the good work

2  Thank Dave O
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I must rave about the Bacon Wrapped Scallops.....'Fresh sea scallops wrapped IN Gusto! Bacon and cooked to perfection." and that is exactly what they were......cooked to perfection. I have never had a better tasting treat at any restaurant in the world! It is at the top the appetizer menu and it alone is worth the trip to Rose Hill. I got the prime rib and it was way too big for me so I had seconds at home. I will be back again and again. It is only a short drive from the National Cemetery. I want to come back and eat outside on the big deck and do that in the warm weather and in the Fall when the leaves are changing. The place is beautiful and my server Samatha was as perfect as the food. This is a must visit spot when you are in the area. There is so much more good things to say but you get the idea. I really like eating at Rose Hill....I was treated like family and that was as special as it gets! I'm hooked!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed May 18, 2014

On May 7th 2014 we had the real pleasure of dining at the Rose Hill Restaurant. Malena was our server and the service could not have been better. We had the chicken Marsala and the chicken francaise which both were excellently prepared. The assorted roasted squash was done perfectly. The ambiance of the establishment was also charming. We will definitely return for more meals.

2  Thank Thomas S