“A very pleasant surprise”

Rose Hill Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rose Hill is situated approximately 5 miles south of the historic Medina Square. The original building was built in the 1830's as a farmhouse and sits on 8 beautiful and landscaped acres. Then in the late 1980's the current dining and party rooms were added on, and in 2012 the current owners remodeled the establishment. The dining room has a warm elegant atmosphere with a fireplace in the wintertime; a divider separates a private area for small parties such as birthdays, etc. It features a beautiful bar with over 50 wines from around the world, a contemporary party room seating up to 80 guests, a huge patio where guests can enjoy the wonderful pastoral scenery, and best of all the fantastic food our culinary team prepares; from steak to seafood, to chicken and pasta, and of course our ethnic dishes like chicken paprikash and homemade spaetzels, pork schnitzel, and smoked meat and cheese platter, all made on premise.
east greenwich, rhode island
“A very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was not sure what to expect as I had never been to this area. I was here for a meeting and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The appetizers were plentiful and varied (one criticism was the shrimp wrapped with bacon was a tad overcooked). The caprese salad was one of the best I have ever had. The entrees were extensive. I had the prime rib, and while it was not as rare as I would have preferred, it was flavorful and very tender. The veggies were cooked to perfection.

5 Thank dermgoddess

Cleveland, Ohio
“Planning an Event? Two Thumbs Up for Rose Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Having some experience in event planning, I did not look forward to finding a suitable location for a family memorial luncheon for 25.The success of an event is as much dependent on the flexibility of the staff as it is the quality of the food. My husband and I felt drawn toward Rose Hill because it was on route back to Medina from Western Reserve Cemetery. Because of a negative review earlier in the year about the owners, we were hesitant to try it. After checking out several other (expensive) out-of-the-way places, I went back to read recent reviews and found many happy reports. We decided to give them a try. – So glad we did.
All I can say is that the owners bent over backwards to accommodate us: called back on their day off,; created a special menu to meet my budget and satisfy vegans in our group; included daily specials; opened a half hour early - even served a cake I brought from home.
The restaurant was clean, beautiful, and I heard over and over again from family members how happy they were with the available food choices, that the food was delicious, and that I chose the “perfect” place. A pastor from the far East side of Cleveland said he would be bringing his wife there for dinner. My husband and I will be frequeting Rose Hill for both dinner and brunch from now on and we would certainly hold any future event there. Outstanding customer service at a great price.

2 Thank ohio-travel2
Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

You'll swear you're on the other side of the Prime Meridian instead of right outside of Medina, Ohio when you sit down at one of Rose Hill's patio tables for their brunch buffet. Before you know it you walk in the sunroom and the dishes start coming - and coming - and coming. Creamy chicken paprikash? Crispy beer-battered fish? Fresh bread pudding? Yes, yes and yes, please. Surroundings aren't overly fancy but aren't meant to be: Rose Hill's owners wants patrons to feel right at home without white tablecloths or dress code to worry about. Homemade comfort food is the star of the show, and diners relax to classic music and enjoy the flavors. Entrées are served large enough for a family of 6, and come with more sides than I can remember.The brunch buffet is only available on Sundays, and desserts vary from day to day, but the sweet tea is always flowing. (Service was great as well, "Cate" was down to earth and answered any question I had)

1 Thank John D
Akron, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stumbled upon Rose HIll restaurant on a Sunday drive. We've been there for dinner and brunch and we'll now be regular customers. This family owned & operated establishment is worth the trip every time. They have a wonderful Sunday brunch, lovely dinner menu with everything from build you own pasta dishes, prime rib and homemade desserts. They even have a casual dining menu at the bar / lounge. Something for everyone. Nice atmosphere, attentive staff and great food. What more can you ask for?

1 Thank Marla R
Medina, Ohio
“Best food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Rose Hill has great food that is healthy and has no chemicals! I meet with my colleagues there at least once a month and we've always had a great time.

3 Thank trillium_creek2003