“Started great sinking fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi on the Roll - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi on the Roll
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Medina, Ohio
“Started great sinking fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We dined here on three occasions and had great service by the young man bar tending he was very informative and welcoming to the four of us the food was great and so was the table service we were invited to the grand opening all three visits so we went to the grand opening and we were surprised to be told they had no food left to serve at 8 pm we have gone back both times at 8 pm and were treated as an intrusion on thier closing duties if you do not want any customers after 8 pm then just close at 8 as for us we will dine elsewhere at 8 pm

Visited August 2014
1 Thank arthur k

Olmsted Falls, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McSushi”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm a big fan of sushi so I figured I would give this place a try. Big mistake on my part. I ordered my food which took about 20 minutes for three rolls. I can't imagine how long this would have taken if I wasn't the only patron in there. This place looks and feels like a doctors office. The dining room looks more like a waiting room, especially when you spend so much time waiting for food. The fish didn't look fresh and I could only choke down a few pieces from each roll. About 15 minutes after eating my last piece boy did the fun start. First horrible stomach cramping, then diarrhea and vomiting. I hardly made it home. I would only recommend this place to anyone who's looking to lose a few pounds. After I had my sushi cleanse I didn't feel like eating for at least the next 24 hours. Never again will I eat at Satan's Diarrhea on the Roll.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Courtney488
Medina, Ohio
“Bring your earplugs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I ate at Sushi on the Roll last week for the third or fourth time. I'm a vegetarian so I get their 'vegetarian' selections, which are mostly cucumber, seaweed, avocado, asparagus and the like. Sushi is good, but not great. Their fruit dessert sushi is excellent. It seems expensive to me.

My main complaint is the absolute cacophony that is their 'dining room.' It's a large concrete floored space with no dividers and nothing to absorb the sound. On this visit, the order counter was blaring autotuned music and the TV was on very loudly. I almost couldn't eat because the two loud volumes bounced around the room and the noise was intolerable. They really need some 'dining room' upgrades to make the experience pleasant and not intolerable. Next time I will bring earplugs or do a carryout.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lostinthepast
oh
“good sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved the spicy crab roll , nice menu to choose from called in my order and they had it ready when I got there.

Visited January 2013
Berea, Ohio
“"Fast food sushi" but tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is great when I want sushi quick. They have a great menu, tempura rolls are delicious as are the tangerine dream rolls (get it with cream cheese though). The staff is always extremely friendly. I have never had a bad experience here and I'm usually in every couple weeks. Don't forget, you get what you pay for! The prices are moderate so don't expect high dollar sushi rolls for the amount you are paying! The price is right for the quality of sushi you get... And it's definitely good!