“mixed reviews”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We decided to try something new, we've heard great things about Thyme 2 in medina.
The night was pretty busy, but it was Friday, so we understood, The place looked nice & modern, A bit loud, We ended up getting seated downstairs in the pub, which we were ok with. that was loud as well. So we got seated at the bar where you can watch the cooks. We sat there for about 10-12 mins without any acknowledgement from anyone. Finally a waitress came over & dropped off waters & left. Not a hello I'm so & so, I'll be right back, nothing. so about 5+ min's later she came back, started talking to my back on the right side of me, Not Between us both since we were facing the kitchen/grille. after she gave the specials she walked away, again, at this point we just looked at each other wondering if we are not getting the concept. She did come back & took our drink orders. by this point we were annoyed, Both the beverages (pop & beer were warm) but, we stuck it out,we were going to order app's but, we just ordered the pizza's. quick & simple. Which they were, & they were amazingly delicious. So as we are sitting there, she came back 1x to ask to fill up our drinks & waters. then walked away. Watching the cooks was kinda interesting to see all the dishes, they seemed to work very well as a team & kept a good pace. well the pizza guy had this dingy blk filthy towel tucked in the front of his apron (eeek) but I've worked in a restaurant before, & I know we had to change out our towels just about every 30 seconds of using it, well his towel fell out of his apron & on to the floor. he proceeded to pick it up & tuck it back in, cleaned his knife off w/ it, & the work station area in front of him, when he washed his hands (which he did several times) he used that same exact towel. So we were pretty disgusted at this point. As we got our check , we were leaving walking up the stairs hearing the female bartender standing there yelling at a server/waitress Someone about needed creamer NOW! the entire restaurant could hear her & the people all sitting at her packed bar. Seriously, this is how u treat ppl? If I was her mgr/owner I would pull her out from the back of the bar & send her home if not firing her on the spot. I wasn't there for the entire situation but, I only got a snapshot, regardless you are the reputation of that restaurant regardless if you are a bus boy or the head chef etc. I guess it was too beneath her to go get it herself if someone wasn't able to get it for her on that busy night. I know bartenders that have bar backs but, they work as a team it's not beneath them to go do something themselves. So we are in debate if maybe we'll check it out again on a weeknight, But, then again we may not waste our time, a tad over priced of what you actually get but, IDK.

2  Thank Theresa F

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went there for my Birthday. Our waitress, Nicole, was extremely helpful in assisting us in ordering wine and food. She was very efficient and friendly. We split an Appertizer of Mussels and Cesar salad. Both were excellent and enough to share. They served us a shot of cream of Mushroom soup compliments of the chef. Nice touch. Bf ordered Grouper. Delicious...I ordered French Pork Chop. Had to send it back as it came out medium well and I had ordered it medium rare. Second time around perfect. The owner/chef/manager check twice to see if all was well. Finished off our meal with a molten lava cake complementary, which we shared.

Place is small, but nicely done. Suggest you make reservations. We opt'd not to eat on the lovely patio. Thinking inside would be more cosy and romantic. Was not busy on the night we dined. So why was a 4 top seated right next to us when other 4 tops we're available. So close we could have shaken hands and joined in their conversation. That was the only disappointment...so 4 1/2 stars.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a gorgeous remodel John did up and down. Sexy bar upstairs with the fine dining and downstairs' pizza oven and open kitchen makes any foodie leap with joy! And, to think, this is in our lazy little suburb of Medina. Delicious and inventive dishes. Whenever someone suggests, "How about Thyme 2?", we all agree and decide when.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The outdoor patio is very cozy and quaint! The food was superb and the service great. We did have to wait a bit longer than expected but were compensated with some apps without asking.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice inside location with wide parking area is a restaurant but also a place to have a beer or a cocktail.
The menu is pretty good with intriguing proposal, even if sometimes a little bit experimental and not always the best you could have.
A good wine selection for a reasonable price is present.
The service is polite but sometimes not that expert, as most of the staff serving at the tables are very young and sometimes not able to answer to question related to the food, the wine or anything else than bringing the dishes.
It's a pity because the restaurant could be better than it is if only the owner, qnd chef would fix these problems and try to be basic for food preparation point of view.
Anyway, you could have a nice dinner.

Been to Thyme 2? Share your experiences!