“Really Nice Evening”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were a family group of 7 ages 15 - 77 at 6pm on a Tuesday. Table was ready, a last minute addition to make 8 was easily accommodated. Service could not have been better. Menu has interesting preparations of familiar entrees. All entrees were excellent. Not an inexpensive evening but we found it to be fair value. The restaurant was quiet enough that we could all hear each other.

1  Thank HMC633
There are newer reviews for Thyme 2

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time there, at 7:00 on a Saturday night - prime time. We were greeted and quickly taken to our table. A server appeared promptly for our drink order. The drinks came soon, followed by a recitation of the specials and an invitation to order, but only if we were ready. It was apparent that the server was not only knowledgeable about the food, but also well informed of the characteristics of the wines on their list. Our salads and dinners came at a wonderful pace...not too quickly but not slow...just right. My wife had fish and I had beef, and every bite was delicious. Everything about this place was right. Though it is over a half hour drive from our home, we will be back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We love this place! At the new location, you still have the option of fine dining for special occasions (upstairs) but can also go casual and eat downstairs. You can choose to order off the fine dining menu downstairs if you prefer. The pizza and burgers are great-- the bacon burger is really unique since it is not just a few pieces of dried up bacon slapped on a burger but rather the bacon is actually incorporated into the burger. My favorite on the casual dining menu is the grilled cheese. The grouper and filet are always favorites of ours as well (fine dining menu). We really look forward to hearing the specials for the day since they are always amazing!

Desserts are excellent too. The past few times we've tried some of the quirky specialty sundaes including the popcorn sundae and the peanut butter and jelly sundae and they did not disappoint.

Many of the servers and staff have been there for a long time and they are efficient and always friendly. We are really grateful to have a restaurant of this caliber so close to home!

1  Thank clbk001
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had in my life! I have to tell the world about it! It exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Thyme 2 for lunch on a Saturday in early March while we were running errands around Medina. I reckon we got there about 1:00 PM and there was a pretty good crowd in the downstairs pub area. But the service was excellent. Our server, Sara, was friendly and generally very responsive. She did an excellent job of keeping my water glass full. The only downside was that the kitchen was just a little slow, but as mentioned there was a good size lunch crowd today, so all things considered, the speed was pretty good.

Usually when I go to Thyme 2 for lunch, I’m thinking burger because the burgers are just that good, but today I was in the mood to experiment a bit. The Reuben sounded good, but the Jerk Chicken Sandwich really got my attention. Jerk seasoned chicken, pepper jack cheese, mango salsa….sounded too interesting to pass up. Turned out to be an outstanding choice. Not hot, but great flavor. The mango salsa really made for a great combination with the slightly spicy seasoning and pepper. My wife had the Reuben. It must have been good as there was nothing left of it, and it was a big sandwich, just like mine Jerk Chicken.

We opted to split a desert. Our usual choice is the crème brulee, but there was an interesting cheese on the menu today and Sara highly recommended it. The caramel-banana cheesecake was another excellent choice and it did not last long. If you visit Thyme 2 and see this on the desert list, get it! You will not be sorry.

Been to Thyme 2? Share your experiences!