“Not Quite the Same”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta
“Not Quite the Same”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have been visiting Miss Molly's on the day after Thanksgiving for the last 9 years. The things I look forward to were not quite the same this year. To start, Miss Molly's always had the best scones ever, not anymore. They were smaller and hard. The Chicken Divan, which I always order, was so strongly laced with curry that I could not eat it. I asked the wait person to bring me a piece of quiche, which was good but cold on the one side and just barely warm on the other. We also order Lobster Bisque. It obviously was flavored with some sort of whiskey, which was rather strong and in need of a cooking process to let the alcohol burn off. When paying my bill, I was asked if everything was OK and I say not really, then shared my disappointments. She said they have a new cook who finding her way. Hopefully she finds it so next year's trip will be as delicious as those in past years..

• Visited November 2013

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Tea in real tea pots and mismatched cups”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited miss Molly's for lunch on a Wednesday. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. We had a baby with us and they brought a high chair. There were several children eating at other tables and they have a child's menu with a decorate your own cookie included. The tea that we had was wonderful and the food (sampler plate) was delicious. Very cute theme- kind of like you're in a story book. They serve tea in real tea pots with mismatched cups - kind of like grandma's house. I especially love the scones and pretzel salad. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. You must call for reservations. Parking can be a problem.

• Visited August 2013
Belmont, North Carolina
“Miss Molly's Tea Room”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very sweet tea room, the first I have been to. It is an experience as I have read in other reviews. Very feminine, all lace and tea cups, flowers and the like. Fun place for lunch with some of your female friends/family. A perfect place for that little girl in you or for those special little girls you know. The gift shop is adorable!
Although I have seen a male or two in there, the "mans man" might feel a bit out of place.

• Visited September 2012
“Hmmm...”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well it is more of an experience thing! The food is good, I guess. But my daughter's chocolate milk was pure white, and my niece's sprite had no carbonation. Some of the servers are a bit grumpy, but the experience is real nice!

1 Thank Lighthouse246
Hinckley, Ohio
“Miss Molly's disappointment”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been a customer of Miss Molly's for several years now and was shocked by the reception and treatment from the hostess this past Saturday. I did not have a reservation when I checked in at 11:15 a.m. thinking I was early and could get a table for 5 to include two small children. Well, I was wrong! After waiting to see if we could get a table, the hostess told me that she would have to split up our tables due to tables reserved for other customers who made reservations. We accepted the arrangement with great disappointment. During the 1 1/2 hours we were there, no one was seated at 3 of the tables that could have accommodated 5 persons. I'm convinced the hostess "punished" us for not making a reservation! We will not be back and I am very sorry for that as we hosted many large birthday gatherings and other events there. Too bad for me, but too, too bad for Miss Molly's who will miss our large parties and revenue!

• Visited March 2013