“Come Hungry”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

House of Hunan by Suen is like an oasis in the desert. The food was perfectly prepared and very flavorful. The interior decorating is attractive and relaxing. The service was efficient and friendly. I highly recommend a visit. You will leave happy.

2  Thank WorldTraveler95

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had been craving some good Chinese food-- not the $4 entrees that are at the mall-- but more authentic cuisine. All 3 of us were thoroughly happy with our meals-- good portion for lunch, fresh, delish; our server Nika was lovely and fun. Only little thing was the host -- he was preoccupied and seemed quite grumpy, never smiled -- hope he can perk up soon. the décor in there is stunning as well. thank you!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

So on Chinese New Year one simply MUST celebrate with a feast, right? My plans to cook at home fell thru due to my procrastination combined with hubby's delayed return from a business trip. So at about 8 pm on a Friday we searched the net for local Chinese. House of Hunan had the reviews to grab us. We arrived, were seated immediately, and liked the atmosphere. It's very open, has "big comfy" seating in the front and low-backed booths around a forward-central bar. We wished our young waiter a Happy New Year to which he chuckled and said, "Uh, yea." We started out with a Red Horse beer (advertised on a table tent) and an Asian Blonde martini. Both were excellent. At first I wanted more ginger in the martini, but when really discerningly evaluating, the finish ginger "kick" is probably better than overwhelming the taste buds. We ordered hot and sour soup - our test of Asian restaurants - and were very very pleased. The soup has bite, but remains fresh and delicious. Our entrees were sesame chicken (our other test item) and honey walnut chicken. Mmm, both excellent. We specified white meat in the sesame chicken and loved the dish. The breading was not too thick nor too oily. We'd never heard of honey walnut chicken before, and were highly pleased with it. The toasted, candied walnuts really compliment the chicken and peppers. It's one of those, "stop me, I can't quit eating this" dishes. All in all a fabulous meal. The reasons I reserved one star were... 1) On Chinese New Year, there was absolutely NO sign of, appreciation for, decorations, or recognition of any sort for the holiday, 2) Our waiter was good. I save "great" for waiters who are enthusiastic, knowledgeable of the menu, conversational, have convincing recommendations, and have perfect timing for stopping back & handling beverages. 3) The booth behind me was obnoxious. (Really, lady, the guy who just told you he's 6' 6" really doesn't think your Yorkie's antics are adorable. You both are awkward & nervous.) This, of course, is partly the guests' fault, but really... I shouldn't be able to follow every word of nearby conversations. (acoustics, folks) and 4) We had to ask for chopsticks. The Chinese foods (and presuming also the Japanese & Thai foods) here are delicious... but the PLACE is most definitely a Midwestern American restaurant. Definitely will become our go-to for great Chinese, but if I take friends I'll say, "Hey, want to go to a nice place in Medina that serves excellent Chinese?" (So they don't expect the Asian experience) $44.25 before tax & tip for 2 entrees (minimal leftovers), 1 soup, 1 beer & 1 cocktail.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm local and eat there regularly with the wife, friends or even the grandkids (who happen to love sushi). They have a well stocked bar and a very diverse menu with excellent food - can't go wrong. Just let your taste-buds by your guide.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Outstanding service. Large portions. Hot and had a lot of flavor. Sushi is great. Location is great. Easy access. Wonderful town square atmosphere.