“Checked out after first night”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Medina
South Haven, Michigan
“Checked out after first night”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was booked into the RRI-Medina for a function. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The location is conveniently off of the interstate with a nice restaurant next door. The first room I was given (129, if I recall) had a feebly-working air conditioner and the room smelled like a swamp (musty, mildew). Lighting was dim. I turned up the air and went to dinner; when I came back it was still hot and humid in the room and I realized that I was not going to be able to take the odor. I went to the front office and asked for another room, explaining the problem. I got an apology and a key to another room (206). This room had a new air conditioner, set at 54 degrees. Very cold, but a slight stale-smoke odor upon coming into the room. I decided I could deal with this. It was now quite late, so I got ready to sleep, then noticed some lint or paper on the floor. Picked up one piece with a tissue and it was a ripped off piece of a condom wrapper. Definitely a keep-your-socks-on kind of place. I bring my own pillow but the odor in the room got worse during the night, smelling of stale smoke and cat urine (to me). I got up early and checked out, deciding I'd rather sleep in my car or drive on than stay another night. I would suggest they get some vacuum cleaners that pick up 'debris' better.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn, or if you have a pet, at the Comfort Suites. Or, inspect your room very ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed Saturday, July 20, 2013. Had heard good things about Red Roof. Wanted simple clean accommodations. First assigned room had not been made up. Desk made big deal about there being only two rooms not made up. Second room had been attended to, but the carpet was filthy. They need to tear out the carpeting or get some type of cleaner that actually cleans it. Didn't want to walk on floor without shoes on.

Room Tip: Make clear that you expect CLEAN carpet and make clear that you do not want to pay extra for "s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Medina hotels

Johnstown, New York

4. Restaurants within walking distance
5. Large facility
6. Brittani, front desk clerk

The Cons:
1. Continental breakfast was just white carbs, generic muffins, coffee and juices. No proteins whatsoever.
2. My vehicle was blocked in the parking lot by two truckers and the office had no record of their registering to stay.
3. THE WORST: When I turned down the bedding, the inside of the comforter was blood stained! I called the night clerk but they had no spares, so I went without for the night.

Room Tip: Try a different budget hotel. There are several others in the immediate area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cedar58
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were passing through and just needed a clean place to stay for the night. Our room was clean, no bugs or anything too horrible, but it was also outdated and a bit old which made it feel somewhat dirty. We did find a cigarette hole in the mattress pad (not a big deal since there are sheets over it) and a makeup remover pad just under the bed. But the sheets and pillows were all clean and the shower and bathroom were as well.

If you just need to stay the night, this wasn't such a bad choice. It was clean and that's what we were looking for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here when we had to travel to Ohio for a family member's wedding. We had to bring our dogs with us. No problem! When I called, I explained that we had 3 large (friendly) dogs, they told me that wouldn't be a problem at all. We checked into our room and found it to be very spacious and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We did have to ask for an iron and ironing board, but were told that in the near future, there would be irons in all of the rooms.

We skipped the continental breakfast and opted to walk to Bob Evans instead. The ice maker was different from any that I had ever used before, but someone from the front desk was quick to come show me how to work it.

Overall, the value was great and the room was nice. The employees were extremely nice and helpful, from the front desk to housekeeping. We will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you want lots of space, rent a room with a king sized bed. We had tons of floor space, which we n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RRIMEDINA, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always good to hear that everything we are doing here is making a difference. I will be sharing this with the staff to show them that their efforts are paying off. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the area. Again, thanks for the great review and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were pulling the camper, but wanted a place to stay for the night. We wanted a reasonable price, pull throught parking, easy access to the interstate, and restaurants within walking distance. This fit the bill. It is older and the rooms are modest, but they are clean and quiet. The clerk at the front desk was friendly and answered all our questions from the road when we were a couple of hours away. When we arrived, she was very friendly and nice. She worked to get us the lowest rate for our room. The started breakfast included cold cereal, coffee and muffins. We were able to walk to dinner and there are several restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the specials. For example, they had a special Sunday night price where you coul...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here with us. It was wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. When hear positive comments about our property and staff it tells us what we are doing right and what we may need to improve on. Should you be traveling through the area again, we would love to have you stay with us. On behalf of our staff, we appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Came in late and the front desk was really nice. Had problems with room and he tried to get me to switch rooms but I was to tired. This place is close to places to eat and has truck parking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
RRIMEDINA, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. As we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services, positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to us.

We have made several improvements over the past year and are continuing our efforts to make every stay an enjoyable one.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Rafael Lopez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/Seville
Legacy Inn Suites
Legacy Inn Suites
#3 of 3 in Wadsworth

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina? Share your experiences!