“Nice rooms and great free breakfast!”
Review of Hampton Inn Medina

Hampton Inn Medina
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Only thing I would want to be improved was the check in took a little more time than we expected. We did, however, have a complicated reservation with multiple rooms arriving and departing on different days. We also had to wait a few minutes to be helped when no one was at the desk twice. Other than that, great location and great stay. Nice hotel, fitness center, and pool. The free, full breakfast was different every morning with a wide variety of food including healthy options. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel. Will definately stay again when in the area to visit with family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

There was no construction going on and no noise. The decor looks dated though with faded orange and chartreuse furniture in the lobby. The same was true of the orange sofa in the king bedroom we were in. Our bed was quite uncomfortable. The mattress was old and we could feel the bed springs.

The room was quite clean and the service great. The TV was large and my husband was able to watch the basketball tournament.

The breakfast was very well presented. Anyone who has problems with it, can't be pleased. There were several kinds of egg dishes, lots of fresh fruit, meat, cereals, coffees, etc.

Although they allow smoking on the top floor of the three story motel, we didn't smell any smoke. That would have been a deal breaker.

We were in Medina to attend a wedding.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfortable mattress!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns quite a bit simply because the quality is very consistent but this is one exception that I can not allow a passing grade. The hotel lobby is currently going through a massive renovation but that simply means that you are eating "breakfast" surrounded by tarps, caution tape and paint fumes. When booking the room it was never mentioned that such efforts were underway. The breakfast selections we terrible and the orange juice was like syrup. The rooms were comfortable but the sports team in the building kept everyone up late. I love Medina but will have to pic another hotel on my next visit

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Arriving at the hotel after a long trip on the road only to have to deal with an inexperieced front desk employee to check us in.It took her 40 minutes to get us checked in for our party of 4 Staying in 2 different rooms was a challenge for her to do with 4 different charge cards. She had to call a manager on the phone to assist her. I must say that a first impression for us at a Hampton Inn was not a professional and pleasing one. The remodeling going on was terrible with dust flying everywhere, not good for breathing air and food area. Floor unsafe to walk on all torn up.They should have closed down for the remodel, not even a price reduction for the inconvenience. If we had been told about the remodel when making our reservation , we would not have stayed. I'm sure they lost future customers, many people were complaining. Rooms did not have enough drawer space and the coffee pot was located in the bathroom, so wrong. I did do the survey that was sent to me by Hilton about our stay thinking that I would get a respone that did not happen.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tonigirl72
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. As you know, we are currently going through some remodeling and I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to finish as soon as possible; however, I do understated if this may have caused you any inconveniences and truly apologize. In addition, I am so sorry that your check-in took such a long time. This is definitely not the impression we want you to have of us and I assure you that I will be making sure our front desk has all the support they need in order to expedite our guests check-in process.

Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food was awful too, even the OJ was watered down! Noise level of the construction was horrible, I was on the 2nd floor and could hear the pounding on the first. Lobby and hallway were so torn apart I could barely walk to the elevators and meeting room (where I was throwing a party).

Wait until the construction is done to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shari P
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I am so sorry for the construction issues you had while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was one of the nicest Hampton Hotel we have stayed at. From check in to check out. Nice and friendly staff and very helpful and efficient. The price was right and the breakfast was extensive and fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is average, the staff is great, the breakfast above average. Great location by Brown Derby and Wild Bills, so convenient to everything. Rooms are a little small for handicap access, but some rooms that are accessible are larger, you have to stipulate that you need one that is wheelchair accessible, not just grab bars in bath.

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a wheelchair accessible room that you let them know. An accessible room could...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Medina
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medina
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Days Inn Wooster
Days Inn Wooster
#6 of 8 in Wooster

Been to Hampton Inn Medina? Share your experiences!