“Front Desk Check-In Nightmare & Remodeling Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Medina

Hampton Inn Medina
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Medina
Belcamp, Maryland
“Front Desk Check-In Nightmare & Remodeling Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Arriving at the hotel after a long trip on the road only to have to deal with an inexperieced front desk employee to check us in.It took her 40 minutes to get us checked in for our party of 4 Staying in 2 different rooms was a challenge for her to do with 4 different charge cards. She had to call a manager on the phone to assist her. I must say that a first impression for us at a Hampton Inn was not a professional and pleasing one. The remodeling going on was terrible with dust flying everywhere, not good for breathing air and food area. Floor unsafe to walk on all torn up.They should have closed down for the remodel, not even a price reduction for the inconvenience. If we had been told about the remodel when making our reservation , we would not have stayed. I'm sure they lost future customers, many people were complaining. Rooms did not have enough drawer space and the coffee pot was located in the bathroom, so wrong. I did do the survey that was sent to me by Hilton about our stay thinking that I would get a respone that did not happen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank tonigirl72
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. As you know, we are currently going through some remodeling and I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to finish as soon as possible; however, I do understated if this may have caused you any inconveniences and truly apologize. In addition, I am so sorry that your check-in took such a long time. This is definitely not the impression we want you to have of us and I assure you that I will be making sure our front desk has all the support they need in order to expedite our guests check-in process.

Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Medina, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food was awful too, even the OJ was watered down! Noise level of the construction was horrible, I was on the 2nd floor and could hear the pounding on the first. Lobby and hallway were so torn apart I could barely walk to the elevators and meeting room (where I was throwing a party).

Wait until the construction is done to stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shari P
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so sorry for the construction issues you had while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was one of the nicest Hampton Hotel we have stayed at. From check in to check out. Nice and friendly staff and very helpful and efficient. The price was right and the breakfast was extensive and fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is average, the staff is great, the breakfast above average. Great location by Brown Derby and Wild Bills, so convenient to everything. Rooms are a little small for handicap access, but some rooms that are accessible are larger, you have to stipulate that you need one that is wheelchair accessible, not just grab bars in bath.

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a wheelchair accessible room that you let them know. An accessible room could...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I wanted to thank EVERYONE that helped us pull off the best surprise ever for my mom!..We checked in Friday Dec14th morning and Bob was the associate at the desk,he was very friendly and was on board to help surprise mom.We explained to Bob that mom believes she is in WV to go to cabelas for the weekend-meanwhile we were there to surprise her with ALL her girls and grandkids.Our rooms were across the hall from one another(very clean and DID NOT smell like smoking rooms at all)...Once settled in we went to Bob Evans for lunch(everyone at the restaurant played along too)came back and surprised mom with daughters 1and 2....swam for awhile and then hung out(POOL WAS VERY CLEAN AND STOCKED WELL WITH TOWELS,POOL WATER WAS A BIT COOL BUT OK)...Saturday we came down for bk and was greated with a smile and the bk lady was very helpfull with my mom(That past friday she had massive arm surgery,so her arm was in a sling)we sat and talked until the 3rd sister showed up with grandkids to surprise mom again(ALL AWHILE MOM BELIEVES WE ARE IN WV)...cARRIE AND nICOLE WERE GREAT TOO WITH NOT LETTING HER KNOW SHE WAS IN OH...THE CLEANING STAFF AND JANITOR WERE ALL EXTREMELY NICE AND MADE THIS THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

First thing you notice is the smell of mold when you walk in. The people working there are very nice and eager to please. I thought everyone was great and the breakfast had more selection than most hampton inns. On the way to my room I noticed the carpet was lumpy and bumpy like it had been put over pieces of pad that they didn't get up after removing the last carpet. As soon as I walked in to my room I looked down at the tile that was in the entry that also continued into the bathroom and the grout was black in the middle of the room but light grey on the outside. I didn't want to walk on it with my shoes off. The next day I had a meeting on the first floor, that's when I found the mold. I used the guest bathroom and behind the urinal the wallpaper was pealed back, and when I looked under it......mold! This area is next to the inside pool, so I'm sure that's the reason for it get that way. Anyway, I go back to my meeting room and looked inside a closed.....mold! This closet was also on the opposite wall of the indoor pool. I mentioned it to the staff and they acted like they had no idea. The next day they told me they were going to renovate, replacing walls, floors, ect. I just hope they do it and keep the customers out of harms way. Other than the wonderful staff, this place is well below average for a Hampton inn

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times so far and will continue to stay here when in Medina. Clean & comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast. Always accomodating & professional. The Brown Derby restaurant next door is excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Red Roof Inn Cleveland-Medina
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/Seville

Been to Hampton Inn Medina? Share your experiences!