“Nothing Could be Fina When Staying In Medina....”
Review of Hampton Inn Medina

Hampton Inn Medina
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times so far and will continue to stay here when in Medina. Clean & comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast. Always accomodating & professional. The Brown Derby restaurant next door is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Desk clerk rude and not welcoming. The elevator carpet was soiled and elevator was extremely slow and stopped with a bump, rather scary. The room was okay, not as clean as we expect Hampton Ins's to be. We were just there overnight before continuing on our trip, If our stay was to be longer, we would have gone to another hotel for the other nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petunia66
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights for a business trip.
The hotel was very clean, updated and the beds were super comfortable. There are a few restaurants right next to this hotel, so that was nice.

Medina is actually a cute little town with a few cute shops and restaurants, and the Hampton Inn is about 5 minutes away from it.

My only "complaint" about this property was that I could hear my neighbor very, very well. And That can be unsettling and obviously disturbing depending on the neighbor. I could hear the noise his phone made while getting plugged in as well as his conversations.

I was just glad my neighbors didn't blast their TV or have a party in their room, so this wasn't really an issue.

I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed three days at the Medina Hampton Inn while visiting a relative.

The room was fine, and the breakfast even more extensive than I recall from other Hampton Inns, certainly more than necessary. The desk clerks were exceptionally pleasant.

This facility is head and shoulders above any other hotel in Medina, which is filled with Super 8, Red Roof, Motel 6, and the like. If you want something above a budget hotel, this is your only real option.

On checking out, I started my conversation with the clerk by saying "I'm am not asking for a refund under the Hampton Inn guarantee, but I thought it might help to mention a few shortcomings of the person who serviced our room". The bed was not neatly made, the ice bucket wasn't emptied each day and a new plastic liner supplied, and obviously empty soap/shampoo containers were just left untouhed and not discarded. This was not a big deal to complain about, but it would probably help the management to know when their maids aren't doing a thorough job. The clerk politely thanked me, hit a few keys on her keyboard, and gave me a revised invoice with a night's charge removed. I was overwhelmed. They are really serious about their guarantee!

We'll be back....

Room Tip: One side faces I-77, which might be noisy on an upper floor. The first floor rooms on this side hav...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. This hotel was very popular and crowded both nights, yet it was quiet and breakfast the next morning was well appointed and never seemed overcrowded. I really like the heating and insulation in this hotel. Not only was it quiet,but it was very cold and actually snowed one night and most of the second day. Many hotels the heating regulation can be challenging, but this one was just right.

The pool was very nice and the location was Good. There were several resturants within walking of the hotel and many other ammenities too. Rooms were very clean and the staff friendly. There are not a lot of choices in this area so it was especially nice they still make an effort to make their guest welcome and comfortable. Good sign of good management. In the area again. I would go back.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for the weekend of the Medina Ice Festival. I was very impressed with the hotel. There were cheaper ones to stay at like the (Red Roof and Super 8) but I am glad I went to this one instead. When I saw the hotel and walked in I knew we had chosen the right hotel. The lady at the front desk greeted us with a smile and our check in was fast and smooth. Breakfast in the morning was good with lots of selections. Room was clean and up to date. Great location and place to stay, walking distance to several places to eat.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was really impressed with this hotel. After staying at other cheaper ones in the Medina area near the freeway (Red Roof, Super 8, etc), where I didn't feel that comfortable cleanliness-wise...I walked in and was surprised at how nice it was. I loved that the bedspread is washed with a little note saying so, among other things. The free breakfast was a nice variety and was actually edible! The staff was super nice, too. I kinda of assumed (wrongly) that Hampton Inn's were not that nice, but hoped it would be since it cost more than the others...it was worth the extra money!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medina
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Medina
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Days Inn Wooster
Days Inn Wooster
#6 of 8 in Wooster

Been to Hampton Inn Medina? Share your experiences!