“Atmosphere and great food”
Review of Dan's Dogs

Dan's Dogs
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Are you in the mood for a hot dog? Dan's dogs in Medina is the place to go. You can choose from a variety of hot dogs. My personal favorite is the three alarm dog which has jalapeños and mustard. I usually have dogs paws, fried mini potato pancakes or if trying to be good a salad. A variety of fresh made milkshakes completes any meal. This place has great food, a historical ambience and did I say great food?

There are newer reviews for Dan's Dogs

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I went with a friend of mine to Dan's Dogs on Saturday 4/5/14 and found it to be very reasonably priced and the food was good.....however, there are a few things that need to be brought to the attention of potential diners.
First, if you come in through the front door, there will be an issue with a person who is physically handicapped as there are a few stairs to go up to the front door. I don't know if there is a back door to the restaurant since this is an old building. The next thing....the rest rooms are on the same floor as the restaurant.
Second, this is a CASH ONLY restaurant....no credit cards, no checks....so bring your cash with you if you want to dine here.
Third, this is a very family-oriented restaurant and has lots of children's crayon pictures on the walls. There are a few booths and a some 1950's tables and kitchen chairs (that could should really be recovered as the chairs did not look very clean.). This is not a large restaurant....and since it is family oriented, there are quite a few children who may be dining here, so if you are looking for a quiet romantic place to dine, this is not the place for you.
The menu has a good selection of hot dogs, smaller and larger, hamburgers, sides, etc....I did get a "brownie sundae" which the brownie was chopped up in the sundae and spoke with the manager about this....I suggested cutting the brownie into sections and making it like a parfait so the brownies could be seen.
I thought for the price that the food was tasty and my friend liked the cheeseburger and fries and cole slaw that she got....so the question is, would I go back if I was in Medina? Yes, but it would depend on who I was with. By the way, there are juke boxes next to each booth which has a selection of 1950's rock and roll songs (this was when "harmony" was king and the tunes were catchy).

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two friends and I stopped in after an afternoon in the square and we each ordered different regular hot dogs with a side of onion rings to share. Our hot dogs were great, loved the toasted bun and the different toppings to choose from. The onion rings were crispy and very good size. I really wanted to get a milkshake but held back. We decided to try a side dish of cabbage and noodles and you could tell they were homemade. Will definately go back, I can't wait!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The service was good, the food was good and the atmosphere was great. I'm really tired of chain restaurants so this was a nice change. Will stop back again and try the ice cream. Super reasonable... Hot dogs, hamburgers and some pretty good fries. It's really a shame that there aren't many places like this left.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Got the grandkids (little ones) stop in! With a simple dogs & burger menu, toys to play with and a "50" era look and jukebox, they'll really enjoy it.