“Lovely lake hope!”

Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lovely lake hope!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I can't wait to come back to the state park campground! WARNING many sites are not flat owing to erosion so parking a large trailer or rv might be tough! I stayed here for ten days and walked and walked and walked! I loved it! Quiet and clean! The office was only staffed part time but he lady was helpful! Laundry facilities and hot water. Great camaraderie amongst the campers. We walked to the lodge for lunch which was 4.5 miles and walked back after a decadent Sunday brunch! A real break from bustle! Loved it!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank LouiseKIreland

Taylor Mill, Kentucky, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Immense amount of fun!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Myself and 3 of my friends went up to Lake Hope for the end of our Spring Break week. As 4 poor college students, this place was perfect. The cabins are fitted with everything you need (although ours seemed to have pans similar to ones you'd find in a dollhouse) and had very comfortable beds and living room furniture. We said in cabin number 37, "Red Maple" one of the 3 bedroom cabins and LOVED it. Plenty of space for 1 boy and 3 girls. The hiking was wonderful, we went everyday and the people at the lodge were INCREDIBLY nice and helpful ( we locked ourselves out of the cabin... twice). Do not expect a place to rival Gatlinburg, this is a STATE PARK, but I happen to think it's much better than Gatlinburg, and you will have very little cell phone reception. Funnily enough, you don't care about it after the first 24 hours. Definitely stop in and eat at the lodge, and just enjoy your time with friends and/or family. Can't wait to go back. Will keep recommending Lake Hope to all my friends!

Visited March 2013
6 Thank Kathryn S
Dublin, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Cottages at Lake Hope - not fancy but nice enough!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I rented a 2 bedroom cottage for a weekend of cycling with friends. We had #25 which I believe is considered a "woodburner" cottage. It has lots of natural stained wood throughout, and was clean and very functional for us. One bedroom has a double bed and the other had a twin plus bunk beds. Bed linens were provided and were satisfactory. There is a decent kitchenette with a refrigerator, double basin sink, range, microwave, plates, silverware, pots and pans. The heating system worked well, and no need to test the A/C this particular weekend.

The setting of the cottages just can't be beat. We were in very easy walking distance from the dining lodge where we had one dinner and Wi-Fi was available. We could also reach a few of the hiking trails easily by walking downhill from our cottage.

We look forward to coming back for a similar weekend in the future.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank bikerjff
Wheelersburg, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Kayaking at Lake Hope”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was uncrowded, small lake, with an easy place to put boats in water. There was a small public beach and a place to rent kayaks. I was here late in the season, and there was a fair amount of algae in the water. It was a fair drive off the highway. I wanted to see the New Hope Furnace but otherwise would not repeat this drive for a small, somewhat dirty, still lake for kayaking.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jill K
Athens, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lovely (but not fancy) cabins!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I have rented the Iron Furnace cabins multiple times, as well as the Forest cottages. No, they aren't fancy -- if you want fancy, pop the $250+ to get a private cabin near Hocking Hills. These are **state park** cabins. Having stayed at a cabin at Hocking Hills State Park, I can say that the Lake Hope park cabins are MUCH better, especially for the price. The Iron Furnace cabins were built during the Great Depression and have gorgeous floor-to-ceiling stone fireplaces. There are several cabins that allow pets, too. If you're looking for a back-to-nature getaway at an unbeatable price, this is your place.

Visited February 2013