“An unique hotel that is part of a restaurant”

Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mayfield
Florida
“An unique hotel that is part of a restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Most hotels have a restaurant, but this location is an unique hotel that is part of a restaurant with an interesting history. Due to a delayed late 10:30PM arrival, I was pleased to find that food was still available in the bar. I was expecting "bar food." But was delighted to be able to order fresh made to order Calzone & even more delighted at its freshness and flavor. Also served with a large fresh salad. Unfortunately there were some disapointments in staff at check in and at breakfast

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear bthomaspe,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered at check in. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this hotel in Cleveland for business. Warm and inviting lobby, and friendly staff. I ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner my first night- I felt a little awkward to be eating alone - but my waitress did not make me feel uncomfortable about it at all. The food was tasty and the prices were good.

Standard room. Clean and bug free. Nice water pressure in the shower. Fridge and coffee maker in room. Bed was comfy. I slept well. Newspaper delivered each morning.

My stay included breakfast in the hotel. standard. Coffee a bit watered down. pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon each morning + the usual danish and cereal.

I was able to print my boarding pass at the computer in the lobby no problem.

If I need to travel for business to Cleveland again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: the second floor does not have soda or ice machine, but floors 1,2 and 4 do.
cringer1124
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for a week while doing business in Wickliffe. For me, it has everything a business traveler is looking for: CLEAN rooms, CLEAN furnishings, comfortable bed, friendly staff, and an in-house restaurant. Excellent amenities: Indoor and outdoor pool, exercise room, and nice business center. If you can get a free breakfast card through your employer's travel policy, that is highly recommended - great, hot breakfast buffet Monday - Friday. Staff was extremely friendly and personable even when I checked in at 1:00AM. Great perks too like a scratch off Priority Club Rewards point card to win free points.

Room Tip: - "Executive" rooms are a nice touch for business travel
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Beta drive in Mayfield Ohio April 10 2013 and checked out on Saturday 13 2013. This hotel is up to typical Holiday Inn standards. This hotel is clean and located just east of Interstate 271. I have stayed here on a few occasions in the past, but was upset by my last stay.
I am a business traveler and have certain expectations. My stay included breakfast for Thursday morning and Friday morning, but not Saturday morning. I was checking out Saturday but thought I might enjoy breakfast one more time. I was told by front desk staff that it was not the policy of the Hotel to include breakfast on Saturday. No real explanation. This is not satisfactory to me, as I am here on business, and Saturday is no different to me than any other day.
Internet at this hotel is not the best, I have had faster at some Red Roof Inns I have stayed at and the TV channel is the typical Lodgenet type of setting, which by todays standard has a poor selection of channels.
They have a nice Italian restaurant and this is where a good buffet breakfast can be found but if you staying on the weekend, be prepared as your breakfast will not be included.

In my opinion, due to the breakfast situation on the weekend, I would not recommend staying here and I will be seeking other accommodations when in the area in the future.

Most of the staff was nice and friendly however, my check out experience was disappointing as the staff did not have a satisfactory answer as to why breakfast is not included.

Room Tip: Breakfast is good but buffet is not included over the weekend.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear psmithlinear,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the lack of breakfast on weekends. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in the standard room and it was a bit outdated in terms of everything.
Also, I didn't notice exceptional service at the front-desk, stayed for 4 nights and never saw them smiling.
On the other hand, there's nothing else that I didn't like there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Vladychynska,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just got back from training at the Mayfield Holiday Inn. This hotel is wonderful with an amazing staff. I arrived Easter Sunday and the hotel restaurant was closed for the holiday so Heidi the lovely lady at the front desk helped me located a restaurant within walking distance as I did not rent a car. After that the hotel and its restaurant Alfredo's were my home and it felt like it. As a Priority Club member the hotel included continental breakfast which is a great perk when traveling. The rooms are large and very clean. The staff from reception to the bar were fantastic!

Wooster, OH
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is top notch all the way. Clean, comfortable rooms and beds plus a hotel staff that is friendly and committed to customer service. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms have very adequate room and comfortable beds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield? Share your experiences!