“Very pleased and many choices for your breakfast!”

Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Only stayed one night. Was greeted by a smiling staff upon check-in. Property is large and plenty of parking. Located in woodsy area off road near business park.
Room was up to date and clean. Quiet. Nice bedding and mattress was wonderful and should satisfy everyone. Everything worked. Good heat as it was needed!
Internet worked well too and room had plenty of light.
Very nice breakfast had everything. Pancakes, waffles, cereal, breads, pre-made scary cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, yogurt and more.
Will stay again and from the pleasant staff, the management must be doing something right!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for letting us know your kind comments on your recent stay. We try to follow our mission statement daily, "Service to the Guest Takes Priority Over all Other Tasks". So pleased this was case during your stay!

We will look forward to your future stay and greeting you with a warm welcome smile!

Carla Gold and Staff

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed twice in this hotel (three nights over 2 separate weeks). My mother is in the ICU at Hillcrest Hospital (less than 2 miles away) and I will most likely have to stay in Mayfield again. I will return to this hotel.

The staff is friendly and greets me by name. If I needed anything, they were quick to respond. I had a minor issue with the thermostat and it was fixed immediately.

The hot/cold breakfast choices are amazing. I really love the breakfast pizza--I ate three piece this past Sunday! BTW, is that something I can buy in a store? If so, where???

The exercise room is great. I can't imagine needing any other equipment. It is really nice that laundry facilities are available to use for free. The business center's free printing was an added bonus.

The only negative thing I can thing of about my stay is that I wish there was an indoor hot tub--but I made do with the deep bathtub filled with really hot water!

Although I wish my stays were under better circumstances, the service and quality I received made me feel like I was "coming home" while I was coming and going, back and forth to the hospital.

Thanks for your attention to detail.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. Your comments were very much appreciated and go a long way with the staff!

The breakfast pizza's are made fresh and created by the breakfast attendant. Your comment put a smile on both of their faces.

We will hope for your future return and under better circumstances. We hope your Mother is doing well.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

After reading the great reviews, we chose this property. Yes, the staff is polite, BUT the property is not well maintained or clean. When we arrived, there were a couple of inches of snow on the ground. The lot was not plowed nor the entrance shoveled. The snow was turning to ice and made walking very dicey. I was afraid I would fall and break something. Two days later the grounds still were not cleaned, the sun finally melted it all. Then, it snowed several inches today when we left. Again, nothing was plowed or shoveled. Putting our items in our car was very difficult and scary.

The room was not clean. Our mirror was dirty when we arrived and dirty when we left. I do not think they ever cleaned the bathroom countertops, sinks, and definitely not our mirrors or our kitchen countertops. One day housekeeping completely forgot to come to our room. The front desk sent them down. They only gave us clean towels and made one bed. NOTHING else was done.

I wear slipper socks when in hotels. I have never had them get so black with dirt and only within one day! I don't think the carpet has ever been cleaned. They vacuumed only once. The tile floors were dirty and never cleaned.

The phone never worked. The disposal and TV remote did not work (they were fixed very quickly after I told the front desk). One bathroom tub area smelled of mold. The coffee tables were dirty with grease.

This property, unlike others in its category, did not have any kitchen table or chairs. That made eating the food made in the kitchen difficult.

The beds--one was concave and the other we used had a peak in it. Getting a good nights sleep was almost impossible. Although the mattresses looked clean, they certainly had wear.

They are pet-friendly ($75 - $100). They are proud of the bags provided and trash can--there were no bags and the poop trash was never picked-up the four days we were there.

... very disappointing. Will never return even though near family and friends.

Room Tip: I'd like to know myself how to get a good room like the other reviews suggest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

I must say I am as disappointed as you to read such a review as you were with your stay.

As Owner/GM of the Staybridge Suites, I truly take pride in this hotel and have a staff as you mentioned that is polite and even more so engaged. Just today, New Year's Day, I personally, with a snow blower, cleaned all the entrances and sidewalks. The parking was done by 6am when I arrived by our snow plow service. I just can't understand why, when you stayed it was as described.

Cleanliness issues. If we have them, which if you took the time to document such, then I have to agree that your room was as described. If I would have been advised or any one at the front desk, they would have informed me and let me Make It Right.

I would have gracefully taken the rating given, if I wasn't able to resolve the issues when you were here.

Please contact me directly on your next return, so I can personally make your reservation. I assure you you will experience what other's have.

Best of New Year Wishes for 2014,

Carla Gold
Owner/GM

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I has stayed here last week for one night on reward points. The staff was great! Each one we came in contact with was super friendly and helpful. The front desk ladies were very nice! We needed a later checkout because work was being done on our truck and they were happy to help! Thank You for your hospitality!!! I work at a hotel in Chicago and I wish there were more staff members like this!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

THANK YOU, for taking the time to write and review on your recent stay. Even more so that it was so positive. I absolutely love Chicago, with a one way ticket cancelled years ago!!

Cleveland is my home, Staybridge my second home. Your comments as you know go a very very long way. We will always strive daily to do what is so easy - smile and give good service.

We will hope you stay on a future return. Best of wishes for 2014.

Carla Gold
Managing Partner/GM

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this Staybridge and it was a wonderful stay. We stayed the Saturday before Christmas and it was not very busy. This hotel is in a corporate complex so it was quite quiet on a Saturday night. It seems like you are in the middle of nowhere but in reality, you are within minutes from any restaurant type you might want and lots of shopping. Our suite was nice and comfortable. The morning breakfast was by far the nicest complimentary breakfast I have had at any Holiday Inn brand hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

"Breakfast was by far the nice"……Thank you for enjoying the breakfast and providing such a nice comment. That put a BIG smile on Francisco, our cook's face!

We hope to always be your hotel of choice, when in the area. Best of wishes for 2014.

Carla Gold & Staff
Managing Partner/GM

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the course of this fall. Every time we have stayed here I have been pleased with the experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious and they have a pet friendly policy . The breakfast buffet is plentiful with a nice variety of choices. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We have found the top floor to be the quietest. Its near a banquet/reception hall type facility so s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Many thanks for your stay and review of Staybridge Suites Mayfield Heights. I appreciate the candid comments and praise. It's great to hear this is the best hotel stay ever and also thank you for listing us as 5 stars with "Consistently meet and beats expectations".! Those comments go a long way with the staff.

Best of Holiday Wishes till we see you again,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is run right. Friendly staff? Check. Clean? Check. Spacious, well-appointed room? Check. Quiet? Check.
We got a rate of $149,which by no means is cheap, but it was less than the hotels out by I-271. I can't imagine any of those hotels being as nice as this one.
I could go on and on about each individual amenity, but others below have covered that quite well. Suffice it to say, we would stay here again in a heartbeat if we were in the area. Everything you need for a great night's sleep. We didn't even have to use the white noise app on my phone!
The only thing that was a bit odd was the back door didn't have a key lock on it. Probably because too many times people are trying to come and go with breakfast plates in their hands?
You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We sincerely try each and every day to do what should be so simple - smile and offer genuine hospitality and service. It makes me so proud that this is what you experienced.

We can only look forward to continuing to extend this hospitality to others and hope for your future return.

Carla Gold, GM and Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!