“VERY disappointing-- will not return”

Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Washington, DC
“VERY disappointing-- will not return”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

After reading the great reviews, we chose this property. Yes, the staff is polite, BUT the property is not well maintained or clean. When we arrived, there were a couple of inches of snow on the ground. The lot was not plowed nor the entrance shoveled. The snow was turning to ice and made walking very dicey. I was afraid I would fall and break something. Two days later the grounds still were not cleaned, the sun finally melted it all. Then, it snowed several inches today when we left. Again, nothing was plowed or shoveled. Putting our items in our car was very difficult and scary.

The room was not clean. Our mirror was dirty when we arrived and dirty when we left. I do not think they ever cleaned the bathroom countertops, sinks, and definitely not our mirrors or our kitchen countertops. One day housekeeping completely forgot to come to our room. The front desk sent them down. They only gave us clean towels and made one bed. NOTHING else was done.

I wear slipper socks when in hotels. I have never had them get so black with dirt and only within one day! I don't think the carpet has ever been cleaned. They vacuumed only once. The tile floors were dirty and never cleaned.

The phone never worked. The disposal and TV remote did not work (they were fixed very quickly after I told the front desk). One bathroom tub area smelled of mold. The coffee tables were dirty with grease.

This property, unlike others in its category, did not have any kitchen table or chairs. That made eating the food made in the kitchen difficult.

The beds--one was concave and the other we used had a peak in it. Getting a good nights sleep was almost impossible. Although the mattresses looked clean, they certainly had wear.

They are pet-friendly ($75 - $100). They are proud of the bags provided and trash can--there were no bags and the poop trash was never picked-up the four days we were there.

... very disappointing. Will never return even though near family and friends.

Room Tip: I'd like to know myself how to get a good room like the other reviews suggest.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
I must say I am as disappointed as you to read such a review as you were with your stay.

As Owner/GM of the Staybridge Suites, I truly take pride in this hotel and have a staff as you mentioned that is polite and even more so engaged. Just today, New Year's Day, I personally, with a snow blower, cleaned all the entrances and sidewalks. The parking was done by 6am when I arrived by our snow plow service. I just can't understand why, when you stayed it was as described.

Cleanliness issues. If we have them, which if you took the time to document such, then I have to agree that your room was as described. If I would have been advised or any one at the front desk, they would have informed me and let me Make It Right.

I would have gracefully taken the rating given, if I wasn't able to resolve the issues when you were here.

Please contact me directly on your next return, so I can personally make your reservation. I assure you you will experience what other's have.

Best of New Year Wishes for 2014,

Carla Gold
Owner/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I has stayed here last week for one night on reward points. The staff was great! Each one we came in contact with was super friendly and helpful. The front desk ladies were very nice! We needed a later checkout because work was being done on our truck and they were happy to help! Thank You for your hospitality!!! I work at a hotel in Chicago and I wish there were more staff members like this!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
THANK YOU, for taking the time to write and review on your recent stay. Even more so that it was so positive. I absolutely love Chicago, with a one way ticket cancelled years ago!!

Cleveland is my home, Staybridge my second home. Your comments as you know go a very very long way. We will always strive daily to do what is so easy - smile and give good service.

We will hope you stay on a future return. Best of wishes for 2014.

Carla Gold
Managing Partner/GM
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night at this Staybridge and it was a wonderful stay. We stayed the Saturday before Christmas and it was not very busy. This hotel is in a corporate complex so it was quite quiet on a Saturday night. It seems like you are in the middle of nowhere but in reality, you are within minutes from any restaurant type you might want and lots of shopping. Our suite was nice and comfortable. The morning breakfast was by far the nicest complimentary breakfast I have had at any Holiday Inn brand hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
"Breakfast was by far the nice"……Thank you for enjoying the breakfast and providing such a nice comment. That put a BIG smile on Francisco, our cook's face!

We hope to always be your hotel of choice, when in the area. Best of wishes for 2014.

Carla Gold & Staff
Managing Partner/GM
Spring Grove, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the course of this fall. Every time we have stayed here I have been pleased with the experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious and they have a pet friendly policy . The breakfast buffet is plentiful with a nice variety of choices. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We have found the top floor to be the quietest. Its near a banquet/reception hall type facility so s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Many thanks for your stay and review of Staybridge Suites Mayfield Heights. I appreciate the candid comments and praise. It's great to hear this is the best hotel stay ever and also thank you for listing us as 5 stars with "Consistently meet and beats expectations".! Those comments go a long way with the staff.

Best of Holiday Wishes till we see you again,

Carla Gold and Staff
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is run right. Friendly staff? Check. Clean? Check. Spacious, well-appointed room? Check. Quiet? Check.
We got a rate of $149,which by no means is cheap, but it was less than the hotels out by I-271. I can't imagine any of those hotels being as nice as this one.
I could go on and on about each individual amenity, but others below have covered that quite well. Suffice it to say, we would stay here again in a heartbeat if we were in the area. Everything you need for a great night's sleep. We didn't even have to use the white noise app on my phone!
The only thing that was a bit odd was the back door didn't have a key lock on it. Probably because too many times people are trying to come and go with breakfast plates in their hands?
You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We sincerely try each and every day to do what should be so simple - smile and offer genuine hospitality and service. It makes me so proud that this is what you experienced.

We can only look forward to continuing to extend this hospitality to others and hope for your future return.

Kindest regards,

Carla Gold, GM and Staff
Nevada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Staybridge chain, the first being their property in Dublin Ohio. The customer service at both of these properties was outstanding so I can only assume it is their corporate philosophy.

When we arrived in town we called to see if we could get into our room early and were told no problem. My wife and I showed up about noon and the desk person that greeted us was very friendly and checked us in right away. The property is a few years older than the Dublin one so even though it was a suite the bedroom was not walled off from the living and kitchen area. The room was very nice and clean. We did have an issue with how long the toilet ran after you flushed it and we contacted the front desk who sent someone up right away and it was repaired. Great customer service! The wifi connection was decent and much better than Holiday inns I had stayed at where it was very slow.

The only negative was the people in the room next to us were very loud one early morning and in another room someone had a dog that would bark when you walked by the room. Both of those things are not controllable by the hotel (with the exception of the dog) Since this must be a dog friendly hotel if you have allergies you may want to talk to them about that before you book your room. We did not have any dog odors in our room as I said above it was very clean.

The location is near the end of landerhaven drive right next to an event center (Landerhaven Country Club and Executive Caterers) so a lot of people must stay there that are going to those venues for events. Because it is next to the event center parking can get full in the evenings but I am sure if you needed to you could park in the event center lot.

Breakfast at the Staybridge was very nice with a choice of fruits, oatmeal, eggs, etc. There are a couple of restaurant’s near the property (Champs and Alexander’s) we didn’t go to either of those and drove to Geracies for Pizza, Legacy Village and other places. I was very satisfied with this hotel and would definitely stay at this location again if I have the need for a hotel in that area

Room Tip: ask if anyone in a room next to you has a dog with them.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank riskman
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. It is quite convenient when attending an event at our neighbors next door, Executive Caterers.

It means a lot to the staff that individuals such as yourself take the time to write such honest feedback with positive comments to follow. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope that if you find yourself in our area again you will give us a call.

Warm regards,

Carla Gold, GM and staff
NJ
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is a nicer than average Staybridge. Rooms are spacious, clean, and the entire building seems well-maintained inside and out. The location is easy to reach from the highway.
What makes me intend to return when we need a place in the are the PEOPLE on staff, especially Jonelle ( hope I spelled it right !). The way she accommodated our needs made all the difference for our trip. Outstanding and superlative are the words to use, and she has made us fans of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
YAY! Thank you for your glowing review of the Staybridge Suites Mayfield Heights! I have shared your kind words with our team, especially Jonelle, - we appreciate such nice comments.

I am so pleased to hear that when you need to return and need a place it will be the Staybridge and for the best reason because of the People! We are happy to have you as our guest!

Warm regards,

The Staybridge Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield Heights
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!